I Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
    I disagree on this one. I have 6 different passwords I just alternate. I have written them down and put an arrow under the one currently in use.
    Okay, then they've changed it for the better, but that was the first scheme used.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I’ve used eservices for 7 or 8 years. I use it at least once a week mostly to pull transcripts and at times to answer a notice or make a inquiry about a payment. Never saw a need for tax scripts since I usually only need transcripts for 1 or 2 clients at a time.
      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Nuts & Bolts

1. Does E Services work with Firefox (not including the plug in known as IE Tab)? I don't want E Services badly enough to consider using Internet Explorer.

2. Will E Services let Firefox save my password or is there no alternative but to type it in each time I use the Service? If I have to type it in ever being forced to change the password is a deal breaker.

As an observation, I don't much like computers even though I see that the number of things we must use them for is constantly expanding. For any given process I am likely to be among the last people to learn to do it on the computer and when I retire it is quite likely that the biggest reason will be not wanting to learn to use the comp for something. I always have admired the people who got out of the business when computers came in. I may change my nic to curmudgeon.
        Last edited by erchess; 01-04-2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Maybe

1.) I just used e-Services from Mozilla's Firefox. I usually do everything I can from Firefox. When I get a site that looks funny, I click on the IE tab. But, that's not necessary for e-Services.

2.) I thought my last password was saved, and I didn't have to type it in. But, now that I've just changed it, Firefox seems to have the older one still saved. I typed it in just now. Will have to look for how to re-save.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
            1.)

2.) I thought my last password was saved, and I didn't have to type it in. But, now that I've just changed it, Firefox seems to have the older one still saved. I typed it in just now. Will have to look for how to re-save.

Good luck!
            Under Tools, options, security, you will find a way to view and delete passwords.
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Harlan: That's very interesting - I never knew it was possible to do that with Mozilla. I'm running one computer with Mozilla and the other with IE. Is there a way to do this with IE as well? And another question. Does anyone know a way to get rid of remembered usernames? I have a couple of places where there are typos and I'd love to be able to delete the wrong ones
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

delete names

John,

I think all you have to do to get rid of the incorrect selections in the drop-down boxes is to move down to highlight the one you want to dump and just hit the "delete" key on your keyboard.

Comment

Mike:
                  Surely it can't be that simple!
                  (But it works - thanks for the tip).
                  "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Thank you

Thank you very much, Harlan. I did some cleaning up tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X