Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Uncle

Originally posted by Uncle View Post
    I have been trying since the inception of this thread to make people understand this. We are, as far as I can see, now in perfect agreement. Perhaps we should start a new thread? The question I would like to discuss is how do you find a lost file?

snip>

We have tried several methods, but none is foolproof. The only theoretical method we have been able to devise is a full roll-call of all returns on a periodic basis. Any better ideas?
    Seems to me there is no satisfactory answer to your question because all human systems are imperfect - you will always have error. Some questions to consider are: How much of a problem is this for you? Do you really have that many 'lost' returns? The extent of the solution depends on the extent of the problem.

If in the end, if after following all reasonable safeguards, you still have missed something then solving the problem involves attacking it by layers, depending on the size and severity of the problem. That's the most cost effective way I see.

At some point, however, you may just have to get comfortable with the fact that your count may not be precise but it will be accurate.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X