TRX Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX via TRX

Apparently TRX has only 500 of the ATX programs to sell. They have reached that limit. The ATX programs are not on their web site any more. Taxwise is the onlysoftware available thru them.

Comment

TRX has also developed their own software. Apparently it is available for beta testing later this year and may be a contender for the 2010 TY. Only time will tell.

Comment

Taxwise

Just downloaded the program over the weekend and started to do a return on it. I didn't to a tutorial first. Guess I really need to do that. I was trying to enter section 179 and got really confused.

I really wanted to preview ATX too. I think I will be calling them tomorrow and asking whether we are getting taken for a ride.

How much is ATX program anyway?

I am sure that if we called them, they would send us a copy to test out.

I'm not in a hurry to buy a program now since I missed my discount with Taxslayer. But I just don't like being in the dark about what is going on.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by RLymanC View Post
          is offering a $2000,00 (TaxWise UTS) for $300.00. 1040, all states, free unlimited e-file, etc. etc. Business program is $700 against big bucks for TWise

Anyone have any experience with TRX.

They claim the whole program runs through TaxWise, and TRX is the support site.

I,ve been using TWise for 18 years, great program, horrible CCH, sounds like a way to aviod CCH without changing programs.
          now there is a supplement to Taxwise from TRX it has their name on it??

Comment

Originally posted by mdodd View Post
            now there is a supplement to Taxwise from TRX it has their name on it??
            No - they are separate programs. You can get Taxwise or the TRX brand (which appears to be Tax Works).

Comment

TRX Alliance

I just wanted to bring this topic up as I decided to give the TRX software a try. I have used TS for 10 years and wanted to try this product for the price. I find that I really like it. I am going from a menu based program to a forms based one, but I didn't find it difficult at all. I just started testing the software in earnest yesterday with a couple of simple ones and today, more difficult ones. Not bad.

In fact, it may be somewhat easier as you get a menu screen of forms to choose from. If you decide to do the interview section, many of your forms will be selected for you. The depreciation worksheet was not hard at all. With TRX you work more with worksheets anyway. Any questions I had, I jotted down and asked my representative when we talked. He provided me with several shortcuts as well. This program includes unlimited e-file, all states and I believe the business forms. The forms I need are in the software that sells for $299.

I am getting another program from TRX that's more "their" program. I am told it has more to offer and is just as good, if not better, than the TRX one they send out. I should have it in a few days and will work with both to decide which I like better. The price is $299, also. This will save me big dollars on tax software this year. I am a small home based business and need to cut corners wherever I can. I don't offer bank products.

My customer service rep was excellent. I am feeling good about making the switch. I appreciate the comments here about TRX/TW, as well as those I've communicated with via e-mail. I hope mine can help someone struggling to make a decision.

Peachie

Comment

Working...
              X