X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becky,

I did think about it!!

Comment

Larry you did depreciate the "tools" right, subject to special 50% depreciation and section 179 of course? You think they have any salvage value or they junked when she is done?

Comment

Larry

I've been giving this thread some thought and something is not right with this.

I doubt any prostititute is going to report a meazly (sp) $2,000 for services of this nature. Would my thinking be too off-base if I thought she was drumming up business? Did you file the return (I see now you did e-file her)? How many preparers has she been to? How many "vendors" has she made inquiries of?

Your friend in CA!

Comment

Didn't I read

in the thread that she did this only a few times?

Comment

Old Joke ...

I doubt any prostititute is going to report a meazly (sp) $2,000 for services of this nature.
            Q. You are reporting $2,002? Who gave you the two dollars?

A. They all did.

Comment

Originally posted by DTS View Post
              It's odd the Supreme Court would allow the expenses. It's been my (mis)understanding that any court will not be a participant or grant a favorable ruling for someone committing a crime (I've forgotten the term for that, but I think it's called something like "tainted hands"??).

D
              A prostitute can dedcut laundry expenses and other regular business expenses, but can not deduct court fines, bribes or other illegal payments. They also have to report thier gross receipts

Sort of like a politicain paying income tax on payoffs but the payor can not deduct the payment.

But there is only one business that is not allowed to deduct any business expenses by law.

Do we all understand why Al Capone went to jail?

Comment

Working...
              X