Prostitute client??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prostitute client??

Here's one for the board -- I truely had a client yesterday that made AND is REPORTING $2,000 in cash as income. I asked her for her offsetting expenses. She said the supplies were $200 and "tools" were $250. I asked what "title" should I use for her business and she said "Prostitute". My mouth dropped open and I just stared at her. She kind of giggled and said oh, just put down house cleaning. I inquired about other expenses a "house cleaner" would have -- maybe some auto expense? She said no, the houses she cleans are very close to where she lives. Ok. Well, I didn't inquire as to what the "tools" were. So I finished her return and efiled it. Well, I suppose in these hard times, everyone has to eat.
    My wife and I just laughed ourselves silly last nite when I told her about my 9;00 am client.
    Hope you all get a kick out of it too.
    I'm now DONE!!
    Larry

I guess my mouth would have dropped open too. What is so funny about this? I think you had a very honest taxpayer, what cannot be said by many.

Comment

"House cleaning"?

More like clock cleaning.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Court Has Ruled

This topic has been ruled on by the U.S. Supreme Court for this occupation. Theyreport income and are allowed expenses. Just because it might not be legal in your locality does not prevent the reporting and taxing of the proceeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry M View Post
          Here's one for the board -- I truely had a client yesterday that made AND is REPORTING $2,000 in cash as income. I asked her for her offsetting expenses. She said the supplies were $200 and "tools" were $250. I asked what "title" should I use for her business and she said "Prostitute". My mouth dropped open and I just stared at her. She kind of giggled and said oh, just put down house cleaning. I inquired about other expenses a "house cleaner" would have -- maybe some auto expense? She said no, the houses she cleans are very close to where she lives. Ok. Well, I didn't inquire as to what the "tools" were. So I finished her return and efiled it. Well, I suppose in these hard times, everyone has to eat.
          My wife and I just laughed ourselves silly last nite when I told her about my 9;00 am client.
          I'm now DONE!!
          Larry
          Hey Larry,

I thought you were retiring!?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry M View Post
            I'm now DONE!!
            Larry
            What did you use for principle business activity code? Closest I can find is 713900 or 711510

Comment

Originally posted by gkaiseril View Post
              This topic has been ruled on by the U.S. Supreme Court for this occupation. Theyreport income and are allowed expenses. Just because it might not be legal in your locality does not prevent the reporting and taxing of the proceeds.
              It's odd the Supreme Court would allow the expenses. It's been my (mis)understanding that any court will not be a participant or grant a favorable ruling for someone committing a crime (I've forgotten the term for that, but I think it's called something like "tainted hands"??).

D

Comment

Originally posted by DTS View Post
                It's odd the Supreme Court would allow the expenses. It's been my (mis)understanding that any court will not be a participant or grant a favorable ruling for someone committing a crime (I've forgotten the term for that, but I think it's called something like "tainted hands"??).

D
                The "tainted hands" treatment is probably de minimus anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
                  The "tainted hands" treatment is probably de minimus anyway.
                  What do you mean by the de minimus part? Just in small cases or small amounts?

D

Comment

What do you mean by the de minimus part? Just in small cases or small amounts?

D
                    ROTF!!!!!!

I meant the services rendered were de minimus!!!!!!!

Comment

ROTF!!!!!!

I meant the services rendered were de minimus!!!!!!!
                      Well, now I'm embarrassed. I guess I'm just in way over my head on April 16th for these shenanigans. You have to spell things out for me!!

Comment

Well, now I'm embarrassed. I guess I'm just in way over my head on April 16th for these shenanigans. You have to spell things out for me!!

Shenanigans cost extra

Comment

Shenanigans cost extra
                          I got that one. See, I'm not that dense, so there!

Comment

Prostitutes and bookies

Once I prepared a return for a prostitute. She gave her occupation as 'secretarial service.' on the tax return.
                            I've done returns for bookies. They deduct their occupation license and a 2% tax on wagers that they handle.
                            I think all legitimate expenses of an occupation that does not violate federal laws are allowable. Prostitution and bookmaking are only illegal if the state law deems them illegal.

Comment

Retire?

Larry can't retire......he'd miss us all too much!! You probably needed that type of client to give you a good laugh and make light of another very lonnnnng tax season. You didn't consider offering to barter services did you? Sorry!! I couldn't resist. Getting my mind out of the gutter now.

Becky

Comment

Working...
                              X