No announcement yet.

NT / Same old stuff, year 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be happy when I can post I filed my extension today...

Comment

Same here. I always get my extension in the last batch around Apr 12 -13 and then file my return around Oct 12-13.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

And down here

my return is always filed before January 31st.

no.. really.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Yeah

My timing's like JohnH's; mine is always my last return. And, while reading this thread, I get a call on my cell -- how many times have I told him to use my office phone! -- from my whiniest client. Always a couple of years behind and being chased by the IRS and scared and wants it yesterday and his apartment burned down and his dog died and he lost his job (broker!!!) and his mother died and his "wife" lives in Africa and.... He used to do a lot of trading, 4400 trades, mostly wash sales, the first year he came to me. Now he's stopped. Still owes me money. Told him to have his return done at the IRS office; did use the volunteers at the library. He calls to whine about volunteer not letting him claim wife on MFS return. Why does he feel the need to tell me?!

Comment

He feels the need to talk to you about it because (regardless of what you said to him) tomorrow he's giong to go back to the volunteers and tell them that you said he CAN claim his wife, so they need to change the return.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Mine's been done

My husband sits down at my desk every day and asks if his return is done yet. He bugs me to death. This year I had it done in February just to shut him up!! Talk about clients taht drive you crazy.

Then he sits across the desk from me and asks if we can do the return again. He'd like a second refund.

Guess he figures taht is the only way he gets to talk to me during tax season.

Linda

Comment

Yeah

I hadn't thought about it like that, John, but I'm sure you're right. He's going to keep calling me, even though I'm no longer his preparer. I should've asked him when I'll receive his next check.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
                  I hadn't thought about it like that, John, but I'm sure you're right. He's going to keep calling me, even though I'm no longer his preparer. I should've asked him when I'll receive his next check.
                  Every time he called, regardless of what he said, I would reply by asking when I could expect payment of what he owes me. He will quit calling pretty soon. He doesn't want to be asked over and over for the money.
                  You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

H called again

He called today to say the volunteer left off his unemployment. I asked when he was mailing my check and told him to complain to the volunteers. He said they don't return until next Tuesday. So, I told him to look up where there are volunteers today in the area or use the IRS office and where's my check... No wonder his wife fled the country years ago.

Comment

i hate to rub it in but i get my taxes done by jan 31, mine is usually the first one. before clients start calling. but i start as soon as i get my software in november or december. i practice with my return before having to deal with clients

Comment

mine would be done if I didn't have to wait for my ex to get me some of his stuff. We both pay on and own the house I live in and we usually split the interest and taxes. Or he pays me and I write the check. So he gets married this year and I think he will be better off with the standard what with the fact that he has another house and gets an 11k+ standard. But I gotta make sure.....he gets me the crap for the additional 9 or 11 rentals he bought this year around march 20.

And I'm actually getting a refund this year too....

Comment

Working...
                        X