Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a minute, I have a reponse for that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Mac View Post
    Clent: But my friend's brother-in-law's second cousin always takes that deduction!!!

Response: Then take your taxes to your friend's brother-in-law's second cousin to get them prepared.
    A man wanted his 'fighting roosters' as a deduction. I said NO. He said, Bubba and Jr did it like that.
    I told him to take it where Bubba and Jr did it: He did and I was glad.
    SueBaby

Comment

short form

Originally posted by Matt Sova View Post
      Who does 1040A's?
      when the shoe fits. Saves ink printing out file copy.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

client, "How can I owe taxes? I'm too old to pay."

Client, "How can I owe taxes? Isn't there a law that people over 70 don't have to pay taxes?"

Client, "How can I owe taxes? I have paid my fair share and in my old age I should not have to worry about such things."

Client, "How can I owe taxes? I have all these student loans to pay back. I should not have to pay taxes until I get all those paid off."

Client, "How can I owe taxes? I have three kids to support. The government should not expect a single mother to pay taxes. I have a family to support." (this lady was a surgical teck who made $100,000+)

It seemed last tax season, many, many people thought they should not have to pay taxes. I am guessing this year it will be worse.

Any others?
        Last edited by tpnl; 01-28-2009, 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

There is a question on FASFA forms regarding which 1040 form was filed. If you respond that the regular 1040 was used the next question asks if a 1040a or 1040ez could have been used.

While I dislike reviewing the other forms I dislike being interupted and having to determine if the other forms could have been used even more.

One less reason for them to call me after the return is done. On the topic, don't you love the people that wait until late March to bring their taxes in and then are in a hurry so they can complete their FASFA? I was told at a seminar that FASFA money is doled out on a "first come, first served" basis. I included this information in the year end letter and it spurred some of the slow pokes to get their stuff in early.
          In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
          Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

need an answer

to this situation. And I don't mean the official, regular, required, correct answer either.

After querying client as to "any other income?" she says
            "well, I did win a $1,000, but.. I don't have anything to prove it."

(she thinks that SHE has to prove it.)
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Roflmao

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
              to this situation. And I don't mean the official, regular, required, correct answer either.

After querying client as to "any other income?" she says
              "well, I did win a $1,000, but.. I don't have anything to prove it."

(she thinks that SHE has to prove it.)

OMG .... that is the funniest thing I've heard .... You just made my day *LOL*
              "And So It Begins!!!"

Comment

How about:

1) "You just proved it".

or

2) "They'll take your word. You don't have to prove it."
                "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Client: How much can I deduct for a pet?
                  Me: Excuse me?
                  Client: Since I have a day care business, I got a pet and the kids play with it. Isn't that the same thing as getting toys and games?
                  Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Client Response

Senior citizen redeemed some municipal bonds at a gain:
                    "Why do I have a gain - I thought they were tax free?"
                    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

New one for me.....

Client just called.

"I got a 1099MISC for less than $600, do I have to report it?"
                      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
                      X