Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning from this board

Originally posted by taxmom34 View Post
    ...In reading and posting here i find a lot of information over my head that i never had to deal with, but interesting reading. I am looking forward to reading , learning and posting in the coming tax year...
    Taxmom,

A good place to start to learn things that are over your head or just needing some clarification is to read about whatever it is you're having trouble with and then post your question(s). There are so many people here that will have your answer. No question is too "dumb", honest.

Example of this would be LLCs, S-corp, partnerships, etc. You know nothing of them. Read the basics and then use the search feature on this site to see all the discussions on each one of them. Reread, research, again. If you need to clarify something, post. You will get the answer. And so on...don't be shy.

The main thing to remember is that we're all here to help each other and we do. It takes a lot of study and lots of questions to get your knowledge. I speak for myself

D

Comment

Happy New Year everybody,

I hope we all have a great tax year and few problems. I know, wishful thinking..

Peachie

Comment

Problems

Originally posted by Peachie View Post
        Happy New Year everybody,

I hope we all have a great tax year and few problems. I know, wishful thinking..

Peachie
        always equate to opportunities.

Now then, Monday. BACK to work, ya'll!
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Happy New Year

I have been reading your posts for a while, but never posted anything until now. I worked for a few years with another accountant (before that for HRB two seasons) and he suddenly passed away last year. I worked the 2007 tax season alone and greatly missed his counsel. I am so glad I found you all and will not be shy this next season to ask some questions. I just recently passed the EA exam and it feels good to have that behind me. I have a small practice in the midwest and and do bookkeeping/accounting for a few clients in the off season. I greatly enjoy the banter that goes on this board and am looking forward to participating this year!

Comment

Congrats

Originally posted by nalawson View Post
            I have been reading your posts for a while, but never posted anything until now. I worked for a few years with another accountant (before that for HRB two seasons) and he suddenly passed away last year. I worked the 2007 tax season alone and greatly missed his counsel. I am so glad I found you all and will not be shy this next season to ask some questions. I just recently passed the EA exam and it feels good to have that behind me. I have a small practice in the midwest and and do bookkeeping/accounting for a few clients in the off season. I greatly enjoy the banter that goes on this board and am looking forward to participating this year!
            to the new EA! I hope you'll consider joining NAEA and therefore your state association.
            There's a lot to be said with bending elbows at annual meetings and seminars with other EA's, even those in Ohio! or.. whereever.
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Many Happy Returns..........

Happy New Year to everyone........... may this be your best year yet............reduce your debt and try to build an emergency fund out of current earnings..............

Comment

Doing better

Originally posted by John of PA View Post
                Happy New Year to everyone........... may this be your best year yet............reduce your debt and try to build an emergency fund out of current earnings..............
                than I deserve.

Happy New Year

Comment

Working...
                X