Happy New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year

I wanted to thank all of you on this last day of 2008 for all the help you have given me throughout the year and let you know how much I enjoy this board each day of the year. Have a wonderful and properous 2009!

Now, let's act like adults and try and show some restraint tonight

Dennis

Agree & Disagree

I agree with everything in your first paragraph and disagree with everything in your second!

Happy New Year, everyone. And, a Prosperous Tax Season, too.

Comment

Ditto.
      Happy New Year to everyone, and best wishes for a prosperous 2009.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

The conservative New Yearsman

Originally posted by DTS View Post
        I wanted to thank all of you on this last day of 2008 for all the help you have given me throughout the year and let you know how much I enjoy this board each day of the year. Have a wonderful and properous 2009!
        Well said, Dennis and I want to say the same -- thanks to everybody here for all your help.

Now, let's act like adults and try and show some restraint tonight.
        Dennis
        That's exactly what I'm going to do. Years ago we and friends went to a big blow-out every NY eve, but now I feel like a working man I met in Lake Tahoe in 1984: Three couples, we rented a limo going to ski slopes and I asked the driver if he did any sking. "Heck no;" he said, "I can't afford to break a leg at this time of year."'

And that's the way I feel about driving anywhere tonight -- TV 'til 12 and that's it.

Comment

Should take my own advice

I guess I've started a tad early, as I just realized I can't spell prosperous. Darn! I sure didn't think a few drinks this time of day would affect me so.

Comment

Don't worry, you're still clear-headed enough to catch it without anyone else having noticed. I'll bet you could still go back & change ithe originsal and nobody would notice that it's spelled differently in the quote. Spelling errorrs are hard to catch.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Happy New Year

I liked the first spelling - although sometimes I like to be improper-ous, too!

Thanks one and all for all the great information this year, and to TTB gang for a great product.

Comment

JohnH

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
                Don't worry, you're still clear-headed enough to catch it without anyone else having noticed. I'll bet you could still go back & change ithe originsal and nobody would notice that it's spelled differently in the quote. Spelling errorrs are hard to catch.
                It appears you and I have been tasting from the same VO bottle

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my cyberspace collegues(sp).

Since I don't drink, I'll eat some blackeyed peas in everyones honor.

Hope for a smooth and successful tax season.
                  Last edited by WhiteOleander; 12-31-2008, 08:57 PM.
                  You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Party guys & girls

Hmm...it appears that regardless of my originsal inspiring, holier-than-thou, stick-in-the-mud post, some boarders still intend to indulge and imbibe -- it's shocking, just shocking.

Oh well, if you can't lick 'em, join 'em -- I've got a jug of wine around here somewhere, so I'll break it out and pull that loaf of (French) bread outta the freezer and get with you. Worst that can happen is I fall over a footstool or somethin'.

Comment

Happy New Year

Happy New Year y'all!

I'm staying home, having a few Fosters Ales. And working on my sites.

Y'all be safe and I hope everyone has a great new year, and y'all have a great season.

Cheers
                      If I'm wrong, please correct me, because I don't have the tax knowledge y'all have. Cheers!

admin@badfloridadrivers.com

Comment

Bb

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                        ...Oh well, if you can't lick 'em, join 'em -- I've got a jug of wine around here somewhere, so I'll break it out and pull that loaf of (French) bread outta the freezer and get with you. Worst that can happen is I fall over a footstool or somethin'.
                        My wife had an aunt that lived and drank a daily glass well into her 90's. Sweet woman and sharp as a tack (Naturally, she was from Arkansas).

One night after too much, she headed for the couch, but tripped on her little dog that was always by her side. After that, every time the bottle came out, he would back up way across the room. Obviously, he wanted no part of another accident.

Dog, footstool or somethin'...be careful!

Comment

White Oleander

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
                          HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my cyberspace collegues(sp).

Since I don't drink, I'll eat some blackeyed peas in everyones honor.

Hope for a smooth and successful tax season.
                          Truth be told, I don't drink much anymore. A few glasses of wine or margaritas each year and that's it. Used to be that there was no liquor too strong for me and not enough of it.

Happy New Year, my friends. You are the best!

Comment

Happy New Year

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year, and many thanks for all of the wonderful support that we offer to each other.

Jacquie Lawson has made animated ecards for holidays, birthdays and many other occasions since making her first online Christmas card featuring Chudleigh in 2000. Her online greeting cards are seen by millions and are among the most artistic and complex ecards on the Internet.

Sandy

Comment

Happy New Year

to all from a newbie on this board. I am ever grateful to the techies on turbo tax who recommended this site and reference material. In reading and posting here i find a lot of information over my head that i never had to deal with, but interesting reading. I am looking forward to reading , learning and posting in the coming tax year. Let's hope the new stimulus package will be simpler than the last one, (or is that wishful thinking on my part)

Comment

Working...
                              X