Efile 1099's still??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efile 1099's still??

I have a late 1099 that needs to be sent in. Can I still efile as long as before 10-15? or after 4-15, am I required to mail? Has anyone had a penalty for filing 1099's late?

Efile 1099's still??

your question is not real clear...if you are talking about efiling an 2007 return you have until 10/15 to include the 1099. If you are adding it to a filed return you need to mail in a 1040X.
    If you are talking about sending a 1099 to the IRS check the help in the site you efile through.taxea
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I'm dealing with a tax return that is due 10-15(extension). I did not have the information to file the 1099 for 2007. Is it still eligible to be efiled?

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post

I have a late 1099 that needs to be sent in. Can I still efile as long as before 10-15? or after 4-15, am I required to mail?
        Don't know about this -- have never efiled 1099s. You could hand-print just one on a red blank in 30 seconds, but you probably don't have one since you're efiling.

Has anyone had a penalty for filing 1099's late?
        I have had penalties for filing 1099s late before, but only for a large batch (30-40). I've filed single forms late several times -- never yet been penalized. I wouldn't worry -- the chances they'll bother with it are remote.

Comment

the return can be efiled without the 1099 and 1040Xed when the 1099 is received. The 1040X requires a manual filing.
          It doesn't make sense to me that the TP does not know how much income is on the 1099. What is it for? taxea
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
          X