EA exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA exam

Hello all. I just passed my last part of the EA exam and will submit form 23 to become enrolled. Passed just in time for the new tax season! I would like to thank you all for the interesting posts and responses I have read over the past year. Must have been 10 questions I could relate to just from reading this board. Keep them coming!

Let me be the first to congratulate you, good job! This board is a great resouce allowing you to get feed back from a wide range of tax pros in various areas of the country.
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Congratulations

If I were you and could scrape the money together I would join the NAEA now while you are a newly minted EA and get a discounted fee. I think NAEA is important because they are the only professional organization that looks out exclusively for the interests of EAs. The other prof organizations to which you are invited all have to balance the interests of EAs with those of CPAs Tax Attorneys and the Unenrolled. I personally do not do a lot of continuing ed with the Prof Orgs because they are so pricey. What they charge for just one course is usually as much or more than what CPE Depot charges for unlimited courses.

Comment

Congrats

Congratulations!

I love NAEA. After extension season is over, I'm going for a day/eight credits of info for only the price of lunch/facilities, about $50. Join, especially if you have an active state affiliate like we do in CT.

Comment

Congratulations and wish you a successful practice.
          Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Naea Ny

Im on Long Island in New York so if anyone knows how that chapter is please let me know. I have an interesting case because I am a CFP also, so I would like to have at least some of the CPE's be accepted by both. Thank you to all.

Comment

Congradulations!!!!

Comment

Ea

Congratulations from CA!

Comment

Dino

Dino, try out a meeting and see what you think. Probably a good one on LI after 15 October, maybe an all day with 8 CPEs and lunch. You'll probably pay a bit extra as a non-member, but you'll know if you want to join by the end of the day. Try NAEA.org to find a chapter near you. And, if you have to go to upstate NY or Manhattan or something, well come on over on the Port Jeff ferry and attend ours in Cromwell, CT.

Comment

Congratulations

Let me add my congratulations on passing your EA exam. It gives you a feeling of pride to be part of an elite group of enrolled agents.

NAEA is pricey for a small business but I consider it a necessary cost. It gives you a network of people to reach out to for help on a more local level.

This board is also a great place for information and learning new things you have never even thought of before.

Linda F

Comment

EA Exam

If you're interested in the NY EA Chapter information - link go to www.nyssea.org
                      and you'll be able to get any contact information you need regarding the local chapters.
                      There is a Nassau/Suffolk Chapter.
                      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Working...
                      X