EA seeking seasonal employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA seeking seasonal employment

Sold my 25 year tax practice and I'm now interested in preparing taxes in the south-west. My preference is to work on a commission basis. My wife and I spend most of our time in our motor home, so we can be very flexible on location. Most desired location would be: Coachella Valley, CA, Southern Nevada, Southern Arizona, or Southern Utah.

RA,

I am doing the same thing ... I found jobs in areas using the aggregator search engines..

Right now, the searches only return jobs by the tax retailers (Block, etc). It is harder to find jobs in smaller towns since the paper's classified may not be included in the aggregator.

I have an EA but not the tax experience that you have. I had job offers, but the locations were not convenient, so I worked for Block last year. The salary was not as good, but location was very convenient and hours were very flexible. Block has offices about anywhere you want to go. A lot depends on your requirements ... do you want a real job and salary or flexibility and a little mad money ... keep from being driven mad!

Good luck!

Snowbird

Comment

Rate

Originally posted by R Annechino View Post
      Sold my 25 year tax practice and I'm now interested in preparing taxes in the south-west. My preference is to work on a commission basis. My wife and I spend most of our time in our motor home, so we can be very flexible on location. Most desired location would be: Coachella Valley, CA, Southern Nevada, Southern Arizona, or Southern Utah.
      I am looking for some one who can help me grow but I am in Illinois. I want to find someone who can take care of all income taxes (Mainly business). What kind of rate are you expecting (I know your location is different) - just to get an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by TAX View Post
        I am looking for some one who can help me grow but I am in Illinois. I want to find someone who can take care of all income taxes (Mainly business). What kind of rate are you expecting (I know your location is different) - just to get an idea.
        I'm a snowbird so I'm only interested in seasonal work. I would expect to earn about $20,000 to make it worth my while.When I had my business I was paying a preparer about $35,000+.

Comment

I just attended a Bob Jennings seminar in Detroit Lakes, MN sponsored by the Minnesota Society of CPAs. There were several in attendance who were looking for people to hire. I know MN is far from the south west, but if you really want work, MN CPAs are having a hard time finding help.

Comment

Working...
          X