Sec. 121 Exclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sec. 121 Exclusion

Seems as thought I read something that indicated the exclusion was going to be reduced if you used the property as a rental, but otherwise were entiled to the full exclusion. Do not factor in depreciation recapture.

It had something to do with not allowing the full exclusion because of the rental activity either before you moved in or after you moved out.

This is a NEW proposal, put I can't find the article.
    Confucius say:
    He who sits on tack is better off.

Might be

It might be in this thread of a few weeks ago
    Primary Forum for posting questions regarding tax issues. Message Board participants can then respond to your questions. You can also respond to questions posted by others. Please use the Contact Us link above for customer support questions.

Sandy

Comment

If you think that prior,pre 1-1-09, rental use has NO effect on the house, I think you should read the new provisions again. The depreciation claimed, as I read it, does still reduce you basis. Can someone point where I may have read this wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by RLymanC View Post
        Seems as thought I read something that indicated the exclusion was going to be reduced if you used the property as a rental, but otherwise were entiled to the full exclusion. Do not factor in depreciation recapture.

It had something to do with not allowing the full exclusion because of the rental activity either before you moved in or after you moved out.

This is a NEW proposal, put I can't find the article.
        This is law - not a proposal.

Non-qualified use does not begin until Jan. 1, 2009.

Unrecaptured 1250 gain still applies for depreciation after May 6, 1997.

Comment

Sec. 121

Thanks for all of the above,,,just the info I was in need of.

This is the greatest board, "ask and ye shall receive," I'm not making light of that, it's just a fact. Thanks again.
          Confucius say:
          He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Working...
          X