New S-Corp Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New S-Corp Questions

I have a few questions about a S-Corp I am filling. Im curious about a few opertional issues and how this will look on my taxes. I would appreciate some input on the subject. Heres the overview:

Single owner s-corp 1000 shares of stock at par value .01 per share i hold all shares
    personal funds spent in getting business up and running $900 (This can be repaid to me as loan repayment or reimbursement correct?)

initial investment when opening business bank account $12,500
    money spent on equipment $10,000 leaving $2,500 which i would like to keep on account for operational expenses.
    net profit at end of one year after payroll to 5 employess not counting myself is 76,600
    my payroll is 32,500 leaving $44,100
    throught the year in the expansion of more equipment i will have spent $25,000 leaving $19,100.
    Out of that I would like to bring the $2,500 i keep in reserve to cover payroll just in case up to 10,000. so another 7,500 out of the 19,100 leaves 11,600. paid as a distribution.. am i on the right track here.... i did not include the repayment of the 900 of personal funds spent in opening the business or that would make the amount for distribution 10,700. I know i could lower my payroll and increase my distribution but dont want any problems with irs and the distribution will increase in the following years. also my initial investment of 12,500 can i take that back as a repayment of loan over 2 years?? Distributions should be done in a timely manner... does it matter if its once a year, month, or week? Im new to this but trying to educated myself quickly. thank you.

What kind of business

are you operating?

Comment

Seek out Local Help

There's no way any of us can deal with the whole scope of what you need to know. You need to find a local tax professional to forge planning and strategy. If your situation involves an S corp or C corp, you are already in too deep to be doing this yourself. Ask around for a CPA or EA to help. The money you spend will be paltry compared to tax savings.

Comment

I second the notion.

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
        There's no way any of us can deal with the whole scope of what you need to know. You need to find a local tax professional to forge planning and strategy. If your situation involves an S corp or C corp, you are already in too deep to be doing this yourself. Ask around for a CPA or EA to help. The money you spend will be paltry compared to tax savings.
        There's a real problem with what's called "thin capitalization" here, and not a question that we should on this board attempt to clarify. Please call a local EA or CPA today, or
        Tuesday, since it's Labor day weekend, and get professional help ASAP.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
          are you operating?
          Veritas, it is a trucking business.. over the road. I currently operate 1 as sole pro. switching to s corp and getting 4 more trucks. I will be leasing all equipment, not buying at this time. I have 1.5 years to dedide on the buy out or return equipment and lease new equipment.
          Last edited by Speedlimit; 08-29-2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I understand the scope of the issue. i have an accountant who is on vaction and will return end of next week. I was just trying to get sightly more educated on the tax side of this. any input is educational and appreciated. On the thin Capital issue... i understand what it is... since im leasing not buying equipment and will have no debt in that area would that still apply. like i said any input is educational. Were all busy people and anyone who has a few min. to give some input would be greatly appreciated. thx all.

Comment

Working...
            X