No announcement yet.

Pennies on the Dollar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had always assumed that these ads were targeted to OIC cases. Had no idea they were handling simple CP2000's.

Comment

The depth of depravity

Originally posted by tilt53 View Post
      What appalls me even more, is the Roni Deutsch had a booth at the vendors exibits at the Vegas IRS forum.
      This really hacks me off. It's like the IRS doesn't care that she costs them millions of dollars of revenue because they know all she's really doing is correcting CP-2000 notices.

Don't know about everyone else's experience, but for my practice I would estimate well over 50% of my clients' CP-2000 notices are partially or completely erroneous.

Comment

I noticed too....

Originally posted by tilt53 View Post
        What appalls me even more, is the Roni Deutsch had a booth at the vendors exibits at the Vegas IRS forum.
        and ran, not walked, away from her booth as quickly as I could. I was surprised to see her vendor booth when the IRS, in the past, has openly bad mouthed her and her commercials at past forums.

Comment

You are right!

Originally posted by Burke View Post
          I had always assumed that these ads were targeted to OIC cases. Had no idea they were handling simple CP2000's.
          I have been associated with a tax resolution firm for over a year and have seen less than 6 CP2000's. The bulk of the clients are non-filers, sometimes for up to 14 years, in one case, have several years SFR'd and have levies or pending levies. Most of the time documents are missing for many years and have to be reconstructed.

There may be some companies that overcharge, but on the whole my experience with two diifferent companies is that they generally undercharge for the time that has to be expended on many of these cases.

The complaints about JK and Deutsch seem like many, but consider the number of clients they have. If you don't have many clients, you won't get many complaints. Check out their website and you wont see "pennies on the dollar" mentioned. In fact, Deutsch's displays the BBB seal, as does ours and several others that can be found on web.

Comment

Working...
          X