Tag Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag Lines

I would like to get some opinions on tag lines. I understand people who use them must like them, so will stipulate that. I don't find the ones on this board offensive or overly lengthy, (which I did in some other venues) but they tend to clutter up the message IMO. And can be repetitive. Maybe I should go stick my head in a bucket.

Agreed. 1st time or two, OK. After that, borrrrrrinng.

Comment

Stop it

you will only encourage them.

Comment

Burke

Forgive my ignorance, but what are tag lines?

Comment

I can't see the harm

in them as long as they are not too long nor offensive. This board has had at least one that was offensive enough that it got the person banned although he may have committed previous offenses of which I am unaware. Anyway I find that the ones I remember too well to find funny anymore are easy to ignore. I do wish that changing your tag did not change the tags on messages you posted before the change.

Comment

Hmmm,

Originally posted by Burke View Post

...tag lines... tend to clutter up the message...can be repetitive... Maybe I should go stick my head in a bucket.
            No, your criticism is refreshingly candid and the flexibility of your suggested solution is very generous, but I wouldn't say it's so strong as to call for the bucket. Maybe a headache band...

Comment

Boring? Horrors!

Originally posted by okie1tax View Post
              Agreed. 1st time or two, OK. After that, borrrrrrinng.
              And I had no idea...well, not exactly. I knew that after five or six times I got a little tired of mine, but I just assumed that other people would be indefinitely fascinated. Well, okay, if that's the way you're gonna be I'll just up and do sump'n about it!

Dang smart-aleck Okies, anyway!

Comment

Dennis,

Originally posted by DTS View Post
                Forgive my ignorance, but what are tag lines?
                It's those quotations, sayings, whatever under the line at the bottom of the post (like mine, Veritas', and Erchess').

Click on the "User CP" on the black line at the top of your screen and "Edit Signature" will pop up -- you can type in what you want to say and it will automatically print at the bottom of each message you post from then on until you change or delete it.

Comment

I'm kind of like that about the ignoring the aging ones and

Originally posted by erchess View Post

...I find that the ones I remember too well to find funny anymore are easy to ignore. I do wish that changing your tag did not change the tags on messages you posted before the change.
                  I also wish the tags on the old messages did not change, but...them's the breaks.

I used to post lots of quotes, but it was a lot of trouble and the tags seemed handier. Guess I just didn't count on folks' low boiling/boring point. Maybe I'll go back to that and it would cure Okie's problem, but about Burke's distraction, I dunno; maybe the bucket after all...

Comment

What is really needed is a way to switch between, say 5, or so tags. That way you could use one appropriate to the discussion. I don't object to tags, many are very neat, can be thought provoking?, or just plain fun.

Comment

Just funnin' with ya, Okie, and

Originally posted by okie1tax View Post

...tags, many are...neat...thought provoking...just plain fun.
                      obviously you're referring here to tags posted by us Arkies, but you know how those Northwest Territory boys (Veritas) are -- their unrefined submissions lack the grace and artistry demanded by their couth and cultured colleagues here. Still...what can we do? Complaints just encourage that insensitive rascal...

Comment

Final Post: Problem is solved. I just discovered by unchecking the "Show Signatures" under the Thread Display options, they have all disappeared. Sorry, gang. No offense.
                        Last edited by Burke; 08-20-2008, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Rascal?

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                          obviously you're referring here to tags posted by us Arkies, but you know how those Northwest Territory boys (Veritas) are -- their unrefined submissions lack the grace and artistry demanded by their couth and cultured colleagues here. Still...what can we do? Complaints just encourage that insensitive rascal...
                          "Normally I'm a lover, not a fighter, but in this case im willin' to make an exception!"

Alfalfa

Comment

See, See, just exactly what I mean!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X