Portfolio Mgmt Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portfolio Mgmt Software

I'm going to post this here in hopes that someone else is in a similar position as I am.

I formed my own RIA this past year as I perceived a need to provide additional services to my clients. I'm finding it TERRIBLY tough to find an affordable portfolio mgmt software - I can't justify thousands annually for just a few accounts.

I'm not looking for something with tons of bells and whistles - I'd just like to provide my clients with a nice quarterly report that shows how they've fared, how their portfolios compared to industry measures, perhaps calculate beta etc.

At present I've been doing my own within excel. I know as I grow my practice excel will not be a viable solution. Can anyone recommend anything? It would be ideal if I could find something priced on accounts or transactions rather than a fixed fee...

Thanks

Carolyn

Good luck

Most of the Software that is worthwhile is a fortune. We use Money Tree Silver in our firm, but we are all CFP's as well. I am the tax practioner in the firm, so I foot the bill for the tax software, they provide the financial software. Maybe you could team up with a CFP in your area and share the cost. Just a thought.

Comment

Carolyn

Why don't you contact CFS and see if they offer what you're looking for in a module? They offer specials all the time and you may be able to purchase what you need at a very fair price.

I use three modules and really like the reports that are generated by them.

Maybe, other users on the board can confirm for you if they offer such an animal.

D

Comment

I have used a program called Capital Gainz before that may be what you are looking for. I don't think it handled wash sales very well, but it did everything else that I needed at the time. You can set up multiple portfolios and it generates different types of reports. As I recall, the price for the program was only $69.00. It was developed by a fellow named Dave Cohen. You can download a trial version at:

Comment

Carolyn, First may I congratulate you on adding a wonderful service to your lineup and helping your clients as well as your self in the interim.

For low cost I would look at M* they have a number of different packages that can be fairly cheap on a monthly basis, and they allow for you to perform some or the reports your looking for.

However much like tax software , fp software is pretty much you get what you pay for. Who is your Broker Dealer? They might have some solutions I know HD Vest does.

Comment

Working...
          X