Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need information for widow of Disabled Veteran receiving monthly compensation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need information for widow of Disabled Veteran receiving monthly compensation...

I am wondering if anyone knows how to obtain information of what a widow will receive upon the death of her husband. He is a 40% Disabled American Veteran. He received a monthly compensation. She has been told she will receive monthly compensation upon his death, but then was told it would depend on her income tax return to see if she qualifies. Does anyone know how this works or how to get the correct information?

She is younger than her husband and will loose his Social Security benefits when he passes and hopes not to also loose the Military Disablilty Benefit too.... I would love to give her some good news ;~)

Thanks for your assistance.......

As a starting point, this link might help. Also, you might suggest your client contact a local Veteran's Assistance Representative. Most cities and counties have someone in this position. They will meet with your client and help with the necessary paperwork.

The current VA disability pay rates show compensation for veterans with a disability rating 10% or higher. Read more.

Comment

I will check that

Thanks for the link. I will check that out. I hope I will be able to be of assistance here. I appreciate your help ;~)

Comment

Survivior Benefit Plan

Originally posted by Connie View Post
        I am wondering if anyone knows how to obtain information of what a widow will receive upon the death of her husband. He is a 40% Disabled American Veteran. He received a monthly compensation. She has been told she will receive monthly compensation upon his death, but then was told it would depend on her income tax return to see if she qualifies. Does anyone know how this works or how to get the correct information?

She is younger than her husband and will loose his Social Security benefits when he passes and hopes not to also loose the Military Disablilty Benefit too.... I would love to give her some good news ;~)

Thanks for your assistance.......
        Here are a couple of links that deal directly with benefits paid to dependents:

Military.com provides millions of active military, retired and veterans with benefits information including health, education, military discounts, jobs and more.

I agree that a local VA rep would be your/their best option to make sure they get all of their options explained.
        That's all I have to say ... for now.

Moses A.
        Enrolled Agent

Comment

Working...
        X