Habitat for Humanity - Tax Credit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Habitat for Humanity - Tax Credit?

A couple that is getting a divorce. They have been told by a city official in a small Arkansas town that there is a $10,000 tax credit for donating land with a burned house on it to Habitat for Humanity.

I can find nothing on it in TTB, search engines or the habitat website. Have any of you heard anything or this nature?

Thanks,
    LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Maybe an Arkansas state tax credit? Maybe the town official doesn't know the diff between a credit and a deduction for a charitable contribution.
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

There is at least one state that has a credit for this, NM. There may be others and others may have a deduction. Arkansa doesn't seem to be one of them.

You might try contacting Habitat and they should be able to supply a list of cities, state, etc that have some program of credits, deductions, permit waivers, etc.

Comment

Arkansas

I can't find Arkansas in the list either. I would guess just a charitable contribution, and t/p would probably have to have an appraisal of the property.

As a start , I second Ed's comment about contacting Habitat for Humanity directly, to see if they could provide info regarding State, County and local community information on tax deductions and/or credits.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
        X