Considering Conducting Tax Class....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering Conducting Tax Class....

I was considering conducting a tax class for those consumers who would like to learn more about personal taxes and/or those interested in becoming tax preparers.

Are there any laws mandating the instructor have a particular designation?

In Texas there are alot of things that have to be done. The instructor has to have a certain level of experience. (I can't remember the exact rules). The location has to be inspected and ok'd by the fire marshall. The facility and restrooms have to be handicap accessible. There are rules to when you have to give a refund and how much you have to give.

If you don't charge for the course, I don'r know if you have these restrictions. So, I would check with your state.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

AZ-Tax

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      Are there any laws mandating the instructor have a particular designation?
      I don't know about the instructor's qualifications, but it's my understanding that any company wanting to teach tax needs to submit the curriculum to the appropriate agency(ies) for approval. My wife has to wait each year until the approved course is available with the company she uses for her credits in CA.

Maybe, Brad or Paul can jump in here, as they offer CPE for us and I believe this rule holds for them, as well.

D
      Last edited by DTS; 08-03-2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

also in Texas

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
        In Texas there are alot of things that have to be done. The instructor has to have a certain level of experience. (I can't remember the exact rules). The location has to be inspected and ok'd by the fire marshall. The facility and restrooms have to be handicap accessible. There are rules to when you have to give a refund and how much you have to give.

If you don't charge for the course, I don'r know if you have these restrictions. So, I would check with your state.
        if the course you teach qualifies someone to work as a tax preparer [e.g., H&R Block's basic tax course] you have to be registered with, and approved by, the Texas Workforce Commission because your course prepares someone for a new profession.

obviously it goes without saying [so I will say it], your state MAY differ.
        Just because I look dumb does not mean I am not.

Comment

Working...
        X