Injured Spouse Form 8379

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injured Spouse Form 8379

Got a call from a prospect who wants to file this form for her ex husband a couple years ago did not report some taxable income and have divorced since then. The IRS is pinning her with the addition income tax for which she claims she new nothing about it. I could have misunderstood her and they may have been separated that tax year the income was un reported. I think I only did one of these in the last 5 years and it was for a married couple. What all does the prospect need to bring me?

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    Got a call from a prospect who wants to file this form for her ex husband a couple years ago did not report some taxable income and have divorced since then.
    As I understand your post, namely not reporting income, Form 8379 is not applicable. The only possible hope would be Form 8857 and not knowing the facts I am not sure about that one either.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      Got a call from a prospect who wants to file this form for her ex husband a couple years ago did not report some taxable income and have divorced since then. The IRS is pinning her with the addition income tax for which she claims she new nothing about it. I could have misunderstood her and they may have been separated that tax year the income was un reported. I think I only did one of these in the last 5 years and it was for a married couple. What all does the prospect need to bring me?
      See TTB 15 pages 9 and 10
      An injured spouse is for refunds that will be held for some reason because of the other spouse.
      An innocent spouse is for years that were MFJ due to something wrong the other spouse did in not reporting income

Think you need Form 8857. You'll need the tax returns for the years seeking relief.
      JG

Comment

Working...
      X