Template for Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template for Minutes

I know we talked about this some time ago but I cannot find the thread.

I am looking for a good company to buy templates for corporate minutes. Any recommendations?

Corporate Minutes

If you subscribe to CFS Small Business Tools they have 5 different versions of Minutes, as well as other forms, worksheets and calculations.

Try www.taxtools.com

Sandy

Comment

minutes

Remember, there are two varieties of "minutes"; those of the annual stockholders'
      meeting and those of the board of directors. Be sure you know the difference.

So called template are good to remind us of what things MIGHT be considered at different meetings. Don't just take a template, dust if off, and insert names and dates, but
      if you help the corporate members (officers, directors, stockholders) be sure to go over with them what was proper to have been acted upon.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Thanks, Sandy and Harlan. I think I will subscribe to tax tools. I guess I am only interested in the board of director minutes only. I really don't want to get into this but have one 1 person corp. that I do everything for and the stockholder never reported any minutes. I hope it's not over my head.

Comment

I wonder if this isn't a realm for the attorneys and our job is just to remind the taxpayer of the need to do the minutes or at the most give a suggestion of some topics common in minutes.
          JG

Comment

You see?

Originally posted by JG EA View Post
            I wonder if this isn't a realm for the attorneys and our job is just to remind the taxpayer of the need to do the minutes or at the most give a suggestion of some topics common in minutes.
            I said someone would say that. (grin
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I not only wonder, I know it is and this is the only client I consider doing this for. In general I have a huge aversion against meddling in legal affairs.

And then, some years ago, when I had no idea about trusts and estate, the husband of an elderly client died and they had set up A,B trusts. She couldn't sleep any more because the attorney was procrastinating so much. I did a lot of reading and talking to people and the attorney to help her. Bottom line was: The attorney had charged $7,500 for each trust, yet had no idea how they worked and waited for me to file the 1041 first. No comment.

Comment

Working...
              X