CCH's Profit Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCH's Profit Driver

Anyone with CCH's Profit Driver or thinking of buying it or thinking of upgrading or adding all states or...it will be discontinued 15 July. It may return under a new name and higher price. Support will continue.

CCH's fiscal year ends 30 June, so other budget decisions may be implemented then.

Ok you piqued my interest

What is CCH's Profit Driver and in particular how is it supposed to drive the buyer's profits? How it drives CCH's profits is obvious. However I care more about driving my profits than theirs.

Comment

Don't Know Much

Going to view a webinar next week. But, it's for planning. Can load in current tax return and use it as scenario #1, then do what-ifs. Hopefully, to make yourself more valuable to your clients and be able to charge more or to charge separately for planning. It also piqued my interest enough that I'll spend a few minutes learning if it has anything to offer me and my clients.

Comment

Do you use Pro System Fx?

It looks to me from the CCH Website that you have to use Prosystem Fx to use Profit Driver. I don't use the former program and I don't intend to so I guess I am out in the cold. If you find out that I am wrong and Profit Driver works with any tax software please post to that effect.

Comment

I'll Let You Kno

Yes, I do use ProSystem fx. I think Profit Driver imports from a short list of tax software. I'll post what I learn when I view their webinar.

Comment

Lion

Did you go to the Webinar yet?

Comment

Yeah

Yeah. It was pretty good. I got a couple employees for just me, so I could ask whatever I wanted. No muting of my sound like in most webinars! Anyway, it's a nice product for planning, especially for businesses. But, most of my clients don't have great records or at least don't know where they stand during the year to know if they're doing what I suggest or not. Garbage in, garbage out. It imports from several tax packages (CCH, so definitely ProSystem) and Excel and QB and....that you can use as a starting point. About $2,500. Think it's about 45% to maintain each future year. You can purchase a benchmarking module, so you can compare your clients to their own industries. Sensitivity to changes, such as price. Personal and business issues. Not sure I have the money to spend on it this year, so not spending a lot of time examining it right now. It may disappear from the market this month and return as something else, so the price is probably as good as it gets. Good reports and graphs.

Comment

Working...
              X