E+O coverage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E+O coverage.

Looking for E+O coverage for tax practice. My Investment E+O carrier does not cover taxes. Any suggestions. I am in NY. Thanks.

Your best deal

is likely to be through whatever professional organization or organizations you belong to. I would contact them. I know for a fact that NATP has insurers who give discounts to members but honestly I would be surprised if any professional organization does not. If you have not joined a professional organization you might look up the National Association of Tax Professionals, the National Society of Tax Professionals, the National Society of Accountants if you consider yourself an Accountant, and the National Association of Enrolled Agents if you are an EA. All of these organizations have members on this board if you want to ask questions about them. If you are a CPA you of course already belong to AICPA and your State Society of CPAs and those may be all the professional organizations you have any need for.

Comment

Thanks

I am taking my last SEE exam in July. I have not joined any organazations as of yet, besides the Financial Planning Association. I will look at the NATP. Thank you.

Comment

Have you looked at the insurance offered via AICPA, you don't have to be a member of the AICPA. They can cover both financial services and errors and omissions and their prices are very reasonable.

Signing up with them is on my list of things to do...

Carolyn

Comment

Insurance

Think I found this in an ad in my NAEA magazine. They had a decent price. Also, their website has sample engagement letters and other legal boilerplate.

Comment

Working...
          X