Kiplinger Tax Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiplinger Tax Letter

Do you subscribe to this publication? What do you think of it? $59 a year.

I am not renewing this year. Not enough info for me each month. It's a short and sweet pub. Most of the info each month has already been on the internet on other sites. So I have decided not to renew.

Comment

I subscribed this year, but won't renew. It's full of stuff I either already know or is so widely talked about on these esteemed forums that it turns into just another piece of junk mail.

Comment

Used To Be

Chief, I used to subscribe a few years ago.

Since I became a member of NATP, I am inundated with more reading than I have time to do, and it is more relevant.

The one thing you DO get in Kiplinger is a lot of coverage on pending legislation. This can be a plus or a minus. If you WANT tax legislation in its embryonic state this is great. If you don't want your mind cluttered with stuff that may never become law, or may get changed later, then you don't really need it.

Comment

I subscribed one year, but replaced it with JKLasser's. Plus you get the big tax book with the subscription. I don't use it much but is nice to have and if I remember correctly, the price of the subscription is lower than Kipplinger.

LT
          Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Is JKLasser's as quickly up-to-date a newsletter as Kiplinger's?

I first learn of many things there and am alerted to areas I normally wouldn't be reading about. And I do like the legislation news.
            JG

Comment

Originally posted by JG EA View Post
              Is JKLasser's as quickly up-to-date a newsletter as Kiplinger's?

I first learn of many things there and am alerted to areas I normally wouldn't be reading about. And I do like the legislation news.
              If you like the legislation news, you may like Kiplinger better. As to your first question, following are the headlines for the June issue of JKLasser. I will leave it to you as to whether they are as up to date as Kiplinger.

Economic Stimulus Rebates on the Way
              Tax Shares Paid by Different Income Groups for 2005
              HSA Inflation Adjustments for 2009
              Are Medical Residents Exempt From FICA Tax?
              Supreme Court Declines Review of Controvesial Damages Case
              Withdrawing Stimulus Payment Directly Deposited to IRA
              Late Aggregation Election Allowed for Real Estate Profesional
              Pre-2005 AMT Rule Trumps US/Canada Treaty
              Joint Return Required for Equitable Relief
              Question Box: Home Sale Exclusion for Widow(ers)

LT
              Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Thanks. I think I will keep Kiplinger. I also don't need the Lasser Book really. Thanks for the rundown of titles - that was helpful. And it sounds as if there is only one a month for JK. Not quite enough to be first on the block.
                JG

Comment

Kiplinger Tax Letter

I used to get this publication and enjoyed reading it.

Then my account was switched to receiving only an e-mail of the Kiplinger Tax Letter.

I wanted a hard copy in my hand to be able to read away from the office, where I do all my reading.

The only way I could do that was to print it. At my expense.

I didn't renew when I couldn't get it changed.
                  Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
                    I used to get this publication and enjoyed reading it.

Then my account was switched to receiving only an e-mail of the Kiplinger Tax Letter.

I wanted a hard copy in my hand to be able to read away from the office, where I do all my reading.

The only way I could do that was to print it. At my expense.

I didn't renew when I couldn't get it changed.

I get the hard copy delivered via snailmail. Don't understand why you can't get it also. Did you try customer service? I like the Kiplinger tax letter for what it does best, that is provide insight on possible and pending future tax legislation.

Comment

I long ago decided I did not want to keep up with the progression of tax legislation from day to day, and am only interested in what's actually passed into law and when it is effective. This became especially pertinent in this decade when we now have not one, but two or three enacted in one calendar year. I have always felt that there should be two rules: 1) only one tax law change per year max, and 2) all changes must take effect on January 1st.

Comment

Working...
                      X