Thinking of opening second office, questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of opening second office, questions

I'm considering opening another tax office in a town 25 miles from here for the next tax season. The person I have in mind to run it has several years of experience working for a tax firm in another state. I've known this person for several years and she seems trustworthy but I do have questions and concerns:

During the rush of tax season I won't be able to go there much and will have to rely on her to do everything correctly. I would probably only keep the office open through April as the landlord I've been in contact with has several small offices that are empty and she said it would be no problem keeping the space for me if I decided to come back the next year.

Would I need another EFIN for this office or could I use my number?

Besides establishing utilites, I would have to buy another software license for the office through my provider but already have most of the equipment needed, only things I would need would be another credit card machine and a sign. When my father in law retired a few years he gave me a lot of office furniture.

The person I have to run it knows taxes and I would bring her in before tax season to ensure she understood how we like to do things. The only competition is an HRB office and I already get a few clients from this town.

Any one else have a second office and if so, would you share a few of your experiences both good and bad? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!
Working...
X