Referrals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referrals

Are there any EA's on this board, in the Apple Valley, MN area that would like me to refer potential clients to?

I'm Curious

You are in that area. Why do you not keep these clients for yourself? I am in NC so they probably don't want me to try to take them on but your post made me curious.

Comment

I have a few in NC that I'd gladly give you, but (trust me) you don't want them.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I should have explained

a little more. Do you all remember "Old Jack"? Well, I'm older.
        I have enough clients at this point to keep me very busy (6 days/week) through tax seasons. (most of the time) I no longer work 12-14 hrs/day. I start at 9:00 a.m. and end most interviews at 6:00 p.m. (Then I head to the family room with my margarita.) I do have slack periods which I value and which I no longer wish to fill. Over the past few years, I have sent "sorry I can no longer prepare your return" letters to clients that clash with my personality and now I have a very nice family of clients. Ones that have been with me for over a dozen years. I do still accept certain types of returns, but they have to be very simple. (1040/A), So as you can guess, I'm on my way out. I have no intention of working until I'm 76 like Birdlegs did. I'll always have some clients, because I believe my Lord wants all of us to work and not retire, but there will be a substantial reduction in my 70's years. (not far off). But that's another topic for another day.

If there is anyone in my area who does not want to post, they may email me at
        LamDrDD@Charter.net

Regards to all,
        Larry

Comment

Congrats on the long career!

Originally posted by Larry M View Post
          a little more. Do you all remember "Old Jack"? Well, I'm older.
          I have enough clients at this point to keep me very busy (6 days/week) through tax seasons. (most of the time) I no longer work 12-14 hrs/day. I start at 9:00 a.m. and end most interviews at 6:00 p.m. (Then I head to the family room with my margarita.) I do have slack periods which I value and which I no longer wish to fill. Over the past few years, I have sent "sorry I can no longer prepare your return" letters to clients that clash with my personality and now I have a very nice family of clients. Ones that have been with me for over a dozen years. I do still accept certain types of returns, but they have to be very simple. (1040/A), So as you can guess, I'm on my way out. I have no intention of working until I'm 76 like Birdlegs did. I'll always have some clients, because I believe my Lord wants all of us to work and not retire, but there will be a substantial reduction in my 70's years. (not far off). But that's another topic for another day.

If there is anyone in my area who does not want to post, they may email me at
          LamDrDD@Charter.net

Regards to all,
          Larry
          My goal is to build up our practice enough by age 40 that I can concentrate on a core of 100-150 higher net worth clients, manage their tax and investment stuff, fire all the PITA clients and bring our daughter in when she finishes college (We'll be about 45 then).

Sounds like a plan, just gotta execute.

Comment

Twin Cities

Hi Larry -

nearly all the tax personnel at TMI are tax practitioners in the Twin Cities area. I wouldn't know their status as far as accepting new clients, but I'm sure they will be reading this thread and can contact you if they are able to do so. I also met a lady named Laura Passe who is young enough to expand her clientele base - she is also heavily involved in the MN chapter NAEA as their Secretary, thus she will know LOTS of preparers if she is not able herself. I think she lives in Blaine.

Are you a member of an organized group such as NATP or NAEA? If so, I'm thinking comrades would be easy to find in your large metropolitan area. Some of them might even be in a position to pay you for clientele should you reach the point where you want to give up completely. If I understand your post, at the present time you are simply wanting someone to whom you may refer people to stop your current base from growing.

Sometimes I feel "older than dirt" myself, but I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't work. My mind continues to be restless as ever.
            Last edited by Snaggletooth; 06-15-2008, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X