Need to submit a corrected W-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to submit a corrected W-2

for a client. A fellow board member has suggested I go into the SS site to do this, but I'm wondering if it would permissible to send in a W-2, W-3 along with a note stating this is a corrected W-2. It would save me time, as I am not registered with the SS to do this and understand it takes a couple of weeks to enable me to do this with them.

OK to do this or is the SS site the only way?

Thanks,

Dennis

Here's a link

for instructions.

You will be using a W2C and W-3C.

Comment

Dennis, I am in the same boat. Now waiting for the W-2c's. First I thought I only need to have the W-3c since I can print out of QB but then I realized I need to have the W-2c's as well. Never thought about online filing. I am wondering if it couldn't be done without registering. I filed the original W-2's/W-3 online via QB and no registering was required.

Right now I don't have time to find out but next week I will.

Comment

Veritas and Gretel

Thanks for the link Veritas. I will check this out in a little while.

Gretel, I thought I could do it in QB, but can't. Not sure if special W-2c/W-3c stock is needed, but I'll check out the site and post back to you. When I go into the site, I'm hoping special stock is NOT needed, shouldn't be.

Back in a little bit.

Dennis

Comment

W-2c

Well, I must be on someone's "special" list with the gov't. First, I can't register for e-services, now the SS site won't let me register either! Why on Earth do they make this so tedious and some can get in and get it done and some can't? I can fill in a registration form for God's sake!

Anyway, I guess I'll call them on Monday and talk to a live person. It's aggravating.

Venting in CA!

Comment

Dennis,

I don't know what browser that you use. I use Firefox and had problems. I called in and they advised that I needed to use IE for it to work properly.

LT
            Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Browser

LT,

IE is what I use. Maybe, it's something else and I'll get it resolved on Monday or Tuesday. I'll keep you posted in case anyone else has this problem.

I'm telling you, they have it in for me. Time to wrap my head in aluminum foil!

Dennis

Comment

e-anything

I gave up on SS on line during the press of winter deadlines and mailed paper. I thought I'd gotten e-services taken care of last year, but learned that I was NOT registered as an EA to use everything but had to wait until I'd e-filed 5 returns. Well, my clients don't file early, but I did get an e-mail from the IRS during tax season that I'd met the requirement to use the premium services. And, it did work. I had multiple accounts and had to find the right one to use each time, but it worked. Now, I go in and NONE of my accounts have the premium services. Hate to call on a Monday when lines are backed up. Guess it's not that important that it can't wait until Wednesday or something. Very frustrating. So, I keep using a lot of paper.

Comment

Working...
                X