Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arkansas

On the NOAA website around 8:30 Saturday night, I counted 14 (that's right, fourteen) tornado warnings in the state of Arkansas alone.

For fellow members ThomTax and Black Bart, plus other Arkansas members, please let us hear from you. That state has lost dozens of people already this spring to the weather.

Don't know exactly where these folks are, but with that many warnings honeycombing the state, I got the feeling that nowhere in Arkansas was safe.

[added through edit] - just saw the news, and looks like we need to add Oklahoma to the list.
    Last edited by Snaggletooth; 05-11-2008, 03:34 AM.

Thanks for your concern. There was no problem here and I don't think that there was anywhere real close to us.

About 12 years ago we had three hit our town. It came through at about the 20' level apparently because it toppled 17 large pine trees in our yard. Unfortunately, it put one on each corner of the house, in the middle of the deck, middle of the utility building and made a perfect vee of my camper.

To show you how brave I am, it did not even scare me. Of course, that could be because I found out about it when my son called me to see if we had any damage. We were in Tulsa, OK that night and I did not know anything about it. We burned fallen trees for weeks.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
    X