Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tech stuff

///////////////////////////////////

Ah'm tryin' to figure out that post-post, end of message dealie-thing so I can have sump'n tacked on to the bottom of my stuff ever' time I post -- you know, one of those catchy sayin's that smart guys like Veritas and erchess put up all the time (it's the only way to get any respect around this joint unless you happen to know lotsa stuff about taxes).

P.S. Say Bees -- a belated request if you happen to be around (and don't take it personally about not naming you as a smart person because you don't have a whatchamacallit on your posts); is there a way to get signed in once and for all? When I log on and punch the "remember me" box it lasts for a day or so but then dies off and I have to type in the name and password again next time -- is it supposed to do that?
    Last edited by Black Bart; 05-08-2008, 03:49 AM.

It's probably a cookies issue. Your browser may not be saving the cookie from thetaxbook.com or you have a cookie eraser that is deleting the cookie each day. You need to change the browser's options or add thetaxbook.com to the cookie cleaner's white list.

Re: sig lines, you can turn off seeing the sig lines in your profile's optons.
    "Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

It's easy

BB, If you are talking about the little tag lines at the end of the post for an individual, here is how you do it:

1. Log in to the site
      2. On the line that has "Log Out" on the right end, look to the left where there is a title
      "User CP" - CP for control panel - Click on it
      3. When the next window opens, in the window at the left there is a line that says "Edit Signature". Click on this
      4. A window will open that will allow you to type in the signature line that you want to show.
      Save this and then everytime you post, the signature line will appear.

I hope that I understood what you were wishing to do.

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Lt

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
        BB, If you are talking about the little tag lines at the end of the post for an individual, here is how you do it:

1. Log in to the site
        2. On the line that has "Log Out" on the right end, look to the left where there is a title
        "User CP" - CP for control panel - Click on it
        3. When the next window opens, in the window at the left there is a line that says "Edit Signature". Click on this
        4. A window will open that will allow you to type in the signature line that you want to show.
        Save this and then everytime you post, the signature line will appear.

I hope that I understood what you were wishing to do.

LT
        That's it alright and thank you very much. I got "testing 1-2-3" posted a while back but didn't know how I did it or how to get back there.

Comment

And also

Originally posted by Anarchrist View Post
          It's probably a cookies issue. Your browser may not be saving the cookie from thetaxbook.com or you have a cookie eraser that is deleting the cookie each day. You need to change the browser's options or add thetaxbook.com to the cookie cleaner's white list.

Re: sig lines, you can turn off seeing the sig lines in your profile's optons.
          thanks to you for the tip, although it isn't working for some reason -- I added thetaxbook.com to the "allow cookies" list. Maybe I do have something erasing cookies -- I'll ask the local tech guy about it.

P.S. Is is okay if I substitute AnnieCrisco for your name until I find out if you're either an anarchist or the anti-Christ or both? See, I'm 'fraid I may get excommunicated for blasphemin' just by speakin' your name. Nothin' personal, you understand, but our local chapter of the Prayin' Hands Livin' Waters Apostolic Lighthouse New Hope Full Gospel Freedom Holy Rollin' Highway to Heaven Hard-Shell Missionary Chapel is very strict about such and would pull my layman's snake-handlin' certificate in one of those New York minutes if they find out I shoulda shunned you.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
            until I find out if you're either an anarchist or the anti-Christ or both?
            I'm an anarchist (the original definition - favoring the lack of political authority). As far as I know, I'm not the anti-Christ. My former associate pastor's address was 22666. I took a survey at church to find out if he was the anti-Christ. He was pleased to find out that most participants didn't consider him to be the anti-christ.
            "Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Twirl the Moustache

I'm an anarchist
              Anarchist, maybe in return you wonder who Black Bart is.

The villain in countless melodramas of the silent movie era. Twirls his moustache, counts his money in front of working stiffs, and wreaks havoc on innocent ladies by blowing them up in abandoned mines, tying them to a log in the sawmill, etc.

"If you don't gimme the deed to this ranch, I'll tie you to the railroad track!!"
              And then he grabs her!! [girl aside] HELP! He's grabbin' me!!
              He ties her up!! [girl aside] HELP! He's tyin' me up!!
              He throws her on the Railroad Track!! [girl aside] here comes the train!!!
              TRAIN IS COMING!!!!!!

Well, I guess you get the idea....

Comment

I'm an anarchist (the original definition - favoring the lack of political authority). As far as I know, I'm not the anti-Christ. My former associate pastor's address was 22666. I took a survey at church to find out if he was the anti-Christ. He was pleased to find out that most participants didn't consider him to be the anti-christ.
                Since that was spelled anarchist, what does the spelling anarchrist mean?
                Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
                  Since that was spelled anarchist, what does the spelling anarchrist mean?
                  It was just a goofy combination of anarchist and Christ. Since most of his life was lived in defiance of political authority, Jesus seemed to be an anarchist. So I thought I'd combine the two words and use it as my user name on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                  X