Any Ohio Preparers on board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Ohio Preparers on board?

Have a client that was a lifetime Ohio resident. His wife died in 2006. He moved here to Texas to be with famly. Has been in Texas all of 2007.

He sold the family residence in Ohio in 2007. Does Ohio law adhere to Federal law allowing the gain to be excluded on the sale of a residence? I called the state. That lady didn't even know what I was talking about. I looked online at the Ohio site. I can't find any reference there.

If they do allow the exclusion, do they not want you to report the sale like the Feds say?

(Gross sales price $160,000)

Thanks.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

The Ohio personal income tax retrun starts with Federal adjusted gross income. There are some modifying adjustments to this number but not for the subject you mentioned. The State of Ohio has a tax practitioner hotline phone number (614-728-1055) which gets you a little higher up the food chain than the number listed on their website.

Comment

Thanks,
      Spoke with a man there. He said that since it is not in the Federal AGI, it will not be taxable to OHIO.
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Working...
      X