E-deposit stimulus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-deposit stimulus

None of my elderly returns that were filed just to get a stimulous payment had a refund of their 2007 forthcoming.

Some of these older folks had not filed in years, and consequently I did not electronically file their returns. Most of them knew nothing about e-file, or were afraid of it, plus I usually don't e-file unless taxpayer has filed a return in the previous year.

However, nearly all of them I presume are having their monthly SS check electronically deposited. Will these people have their stimulus payment electronically deposited in the same account as their SS money? or will they have to be content with a paper check?

(Also note that a paper check will be mailed out MUCH later than the electronic refunds)

Paper check unless you entered their checking account number on the stimulus payment return. My software wouldn't allow entry of bank account numbers when no refund was showing, but I found I could override that field on paper-filed returns.
    Last edited by JohnH; 05-05-2008, 12:10 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

They might have to wait for there checks much later than just July. Only if IRS has processed by 4/15. will they be included in the first run.

Comment

Working...
      X