deadline filing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the problem may be solved- thanks

thanks guys for all the input, I called the IRS and was explained that when you e-file it is drained at 2.00am, 4.00am and 6.00am because of time differences, therefore, she checked my clients and said they were all on the first drain and even though the date says 4/16/08 the e-files will be counted as filed on the 15th. So I was assured that I would be fine. I have her name and her ID number but I will call again later this week to double sure. I will not be using my software company though they were not very helpful.
    Thanks

Comment

deadline filing question

Originally posted by joanmcq View Post
      Benita, you are such a fountain of information! I don't file anything on the 15th anymore, unless there is an extension already in. Too much stress. I went batty on saturday and sunday sending extensions. Learned my lesson with an SSN reject on a new client and I had to rush in from Citrus Heights to meet her and give her a paper copy and direct her to the open late post office. Never again!

Can you not print out the reject notice and have client mail it in with return? That is the procedure for VITA if the reject cannot be resolved to file the return electronically.

Comment

Working...
      X