Rejected 4868 with direct debit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected 4868 with direct debit

If a tax return is rejected that was sent up 4/15 as I understand you have a few more days to resend it and still have it considered timely filed.

What about an extension? If an extension with electronic funds withdraw is transmitted on 4/15, then rejected. Can you send it again and have the extension considered timely filed? What about the payment since the direct withdraw was obviously not completed on 4/15?

Best I know

Is to call either your filing center if you use one or the IRS Practitioner Priority Line at 866-860-4259. I would hope that things are as we both suspect but you obviously need knowledge rather than supposition.

I use a filing center that tells me in English what the problem is with a return. I guess you know what is wrong with your form and how to fix it since you didn't ask for help with that.

Comment

Electronic Filing

I would like the answer to your question. This year for the first time I had returns and extensions to file on the 15th. I worried about that same problem. Fortunately they were all accepted.

Comment

Working...
      X