ATX - Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX - Extension

Question for any veteran ATX software user... Can an extension be filed electronically using ATX software and form 4868? If so, what is involved? Thanks.

I do not use ATX, but you probably can find help at their "unofficial" users board :

Comment

It can be, but if you've been over to the ATX site, you'll know their server is having problems. Paper file the suckers if you have time or access to a midnight post office.

Comment

Wow??????? Another program down the tubes................Wait till next year when they issue their new price structure....???????
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I got all my extensions in, but haven't gotten all my acks. I wonder if Profx and Taxwise are having these problems too, or if ATX is the red-headed stepchild of CCH now.

Comment

Turbo-Tax

Joan, last year there were so many problems with last-minute TT e-files that the IRS allowed an extension. Hundreds of thousands of returns were in limbo.

IRS should not favor a software company by doing this, but they did. If they stuck by their guns and assessed late-filing penalties, can you imagine all the finger-pointing with the IRS in the middle of it? Transmission/transcription/transmittal documents being subpoened into tax court, or maybe even a class-action suit.

Trust me, IRS doesn't want ANYTHING bad to happen to Turbo-Tax. Too many do-it-yourself people miss too many deductions. Really hacked off some of us practitioners who busted our butts to get returns filed under the deadline.
            Last edited by Snaggletooth; 04-15-2008, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Oh I remember that. It was all of Intuit, not just TT, but Proseries as well. My efiles are all showing as transmitted to IRS if I go to the ATX website, but I''m not getting ACKs back. They were having horrible transmittal problems today, but the only extensions I had left, I sent by mail (had no choice actually since I was at work).

Comment

Working...
              X