One more tough day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more tough day

Does anyone have a couple Xanax they can spare and FedEx to CA?

Know what you mean

I know what you mean. I had clients in my office from 10:30 this morning until 7 pm with hardly no breathing room in between.

This has been the craziest last 3 weeks I have had since I started on my own. Can't wait till Wednesday.

Linda F

Comment

My day was fine although I missed a client because I was out in the yard reaccquainting myself with the fact that I have one. So he's on extension. When I called to apologize for missing him he said that was ok since he didn't have the money to pay me anyways.

I have lots of Xanax. how many milligrams?

Comment

Ativan - and if only they would candy coat the things I'd be all set.

Good gracious but I can't wait to sleep for 3 straight days.

Comment

I had them coming in one right after another today. Made the day go by fast but goodness am I tired. I am dealing with the ones that have pay. Trying to explain why and again telling them to plan for 2008 by paying estimated taxes. I was told by one woman that she felt like the IRS was "raping" her. First time I had heard it put quite that way and really disgusted me. I don't have sympthy for these people anymore. They know its coming I tell them every year... but every year it is the same thing.

I've got a few more coming by tomorrow. Extensions are filed. Still have payroll to do but maybe I can take Wednesday off.

Comment

Nat Sherman

cigars for me at my favorite cigar bar.

Great cigars and great company.

Comment

Originally posted by joanmcq View Post
              I have lots of Xanax. how many milligrams?
              Enough to knock over a horse!

Dennis

Comment

C'mon over...I have 2 milligram ones to get on airplanes with, and I've never taken more than 1.5. I'm not sure what 2 would do!

Comment

My substitute

Originally posted by DTS View Post
                  Does anyone have a couple Xanax they can spare and FedEx to CA?

for you David, is a bottle of 12 year old Dalmore, or even the Dalore Cigar malt.

HoWEVER, I dont' believe that it can be mailed to you legally.

But try it; you'll LIKE it.

ChEAr$$$$
                  ChEAr$,
                  Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

So my cousin

So my cousin e-mailed me this afternoon at 4 p.m. my CCC-1099-G from the little farm land we inherited from our grandfather! He'd put it in his own folder instead of the one he sent to me, and he does his taxes the last day so just found it. It's not so bad, since I filed our extensions late last night, anyway. Speaking of extensions, I'm sitting here filing them for all my clients I didn't get to. I went out on my own this year, so am typing in everyone's info to open up files for them. CT won't accept e-filed extensions, only on their own web site. So, after I file all the federals, and NY, and other states, I have to file all our CT (yep, I live and work in CT, so it's the resident state for most of my clients) extensions on the CT website. Need to drag out my letter that set me up as a bulk filer for others. What a pain. And, the phone's been ringing off the hook, and my cell, and our house line, with people just checking in case I'll finish their return after all or to remind me that today's April 15 and did I file their extension yet?! And, one client called that was filed some time ago that received a corrected 1099-R in todays's mail. And, a little old lady who's losing it and filed weeks ago called in a panic with tax papers all over her living room trying to get her documents together to file! I told her again to put them back in her file cabinet and to never touch them again. She's only allowed to add to the 2008 folder. Could not get her off the phone as she told the same stories over again. I was rude and told her to put the papers away and I'd talk to her in May. I really want some sleep. After midnight, right?

Comment

Co-something, cross-addition something??

Yesterday, I would have downed the Xanax with the Dalmore and anything else in sight, but today seems to be a lot less hectic. So, I can pick one or the other, not both. I don't want to make a total fool of myself!

Dennis

Comment

Well I made it through the whole tax season not being exposed to the flu. But then one came in today sick as a dog. He had to mail in his extension with payment. I was trying to stand as far away as I could... so anyone have flu medicine?

Comment

I got the flu at the beginning; really bad, and a cold last week. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do to celebrate; even got a last minute client that came in to my work to drop off papers and I typed up extensions from the IRS website. I hope a movie came in from Netflix today!

Comment

One more to file

I am waiting for one more client to fax me the electronic filing signature so that I can file their return. They are having trouble with their fax...probably needs a new cartridge. They wanted me to email it but for some unknown reason, I can't send an attached file anymore. Got to find out why.... So we are at an impass. They are already mad because it took me till today to get it done and they owe $1500. Of course, that is MY fault.

I've done my extensions. It is almost 10 o'clock and I haven't eaten my supper yet....or my lunch....maybe not even breakfast. Who can remember?

And I missed AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!! So now I am going to go watch it and eat cold chicken and a caramel nut roll from the bakery. And hope this client calls me back.

I need a rest day or week... Hope everyone finishes and has a great night.

Linda F

Comment

Well...

I have one routing and account number to go and then a couple well-deserved days off. I am so thrilled and never thought I would see this day come!

Bart, we have some unfinished business! Also, seems like another gentleman on the board wanted to join us with a Miller Lite, but I don't remember who.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                              X