Do I need to file a tax return for an LLC if I had no income - KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need to file a tax return for an LLC if I had no income - KY

I had a KY LLC registered until I dissolved it mid-way in 2007. I was a non-resident for the entire year in 07 and the LLC itself had no income. Do I still need to file the 740-NP?

Thanks

A corporation or any Limited Liability Entity is required to file a final return and pay the $175 minimum LLET tax. They don't care whether you had income or not. File 740NP, with Schedule LLET. Did you formally dissolve the LLC, or just not pay the annual corporate filing fee, whereby they will revoke the charter. I have had cases where the Sec. of States office will not grant a dissolution without a tax clearance letter from the Dept of Revenue, although I have not had any experience with how they handle Single Member LLC'S. They may not be as strict.

That said, since you are out of state, you might take your chances and do nothing. However, if you have filed the LLC with Kentucky in prior years they will probably be after you and Kentucky is very aggresive in pursuing tax liabilities.

Comment

I officially filed the dissolution after I had paid the annual fee. It's disappointing to hear that they want the $175. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X