Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cargo van for musicians

Probably, a very basic, dumb question!

Cargo van is parked in a rented commercial area. Client leaves his home, drives to the van and takes off to gigs. Are there commuting miles here or would the client's drive from home to the van take care of that, no personal miles here. To and from gigs only.

Not sure how to explain this clearly and hope you can figure it out for me or read my mind or something like that!

Thank you,

Dennis

Originally posted by DTS View Post
    Probably, a very basic, dumb question!

Cargo van is parked in a rented commercial area. Client leaves his home, drives to the van and takes off to gigs. Are there commuting miles here or would the client's drive from home to the van take care of that, no personal miles here. To and from gigs only.

Not sure how to explain this clearly and hope you can figure it out for me or read my mind or something like that!

Thank you,

Dennis
    Dennis, does he have a qualified home office? If so, all miles qualify. If no, it is possible that he gets no mileage deduction at all.

Is it possible that the parking location of the truck can be considered his FIRST business location?????

Don't you hate when an answer is answered with a question? Oh, don't forget about the extra cost of transporting equipment deduction over and above normal commuting expense........
    Last edited by BOB W; 04-10-2008, 10:33 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
    X