Beer Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer Tax

Now! This is the way to have your tax done, anyone for a beer?

Gene

Where's the professionalism in that? I'm having trouble with my clients when they're sober.

Dennis

Comment

All the more reason

Originally posted by DTS View Post
      Where's the professionalism in that? I'm having trouble with my clients when they're sober.

Dennis
      for them to have two beers before they come see you, so they'll agree with whatever you say.

I remember one who was evidently high, beer or even something "else", and I computed his
      tax for past three years in one sitting. I told him how much he owed for 1984 and he laughed
      and smiled; then I told him how much more he owed for 1985 and he fell into a laughing
      fit. Yes, for 1986 he owed, but somewhat less, but by that time he was hysterical.

Yes, he filed all three and paid them off, but next year he was sober. Cold, stone sober!
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I like the idea

but I would be more inclined to set up where there are coffee, cold drinks, and pastries or other finger food and where there is no alcohol. The problem with the alcohol is that I would want some but I obviously can't do taxes while drinking. I also wonder how he manages to have any semblance of client confidentiality. Finally I wonder how he arranges for people to have the necessary papers? Do they keep them in the car routinely? If so they don't have as many papers as the clients I seek. Do they know in advance that he will be available just as they undoubtedly know where the Block and Hewett offices are? If they have this knowledge how did they obtain it?

Comment

Jolly Ranchers

I have a bowl of Jolly Ranchers for my clients. I guess now that I'm working from home I could pour them a glass of wine. I sure don't have any time to drink during tax season. My sister gave us a Wine-of-the-Month-type of club for Christmas so the bottles are piling up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
            I have a bowl of Jolly Ranchers for my clients. I guess now that I'm working from home I could pour them a glass of wine. I sure don't have any time to drink during tax season. My sister gave us a Wine-of-the-Month-type of club for Christmas so the bottles are piling up.
            I have a bowl of cinnamon peppermint on my desk for my clients. In this business you have to have fresh breath in being mad, sad, happy, glad or down right mean. Which I have seen all.
            SueBaby

Comment

Working...
            X