Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any free site out there to track stock history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any free site out there to track stock history?

I need to track the history of First Data Corp from 1994 to present. Basically I need to know if there were any splits, etc. since they sold the stock in 2007. I have the original cost and # of shares. The shares sold are greater than the # originally purchased but not divisible easily to backtrack like 3 for 2 split, etc.

Anyone aware of a site that would give this information? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Try the finance section on yahoo.com You'll find all the historical stock information including splits.

Comment

Try the Corp

A quick Google search turned up this site http://ir.firstdatacorp.com/. Among many features the site has a way for you to look up stock prices by the day. The same search also turned up the phone number 303 967 8276 and the name Sylvia Tavares. I was curious so I confirmed that the number is still good. I don't remember the name of the female who answered but she very professionally gave her name and noted that the line belongs to Sylvia and when I asked she confirmed that it is still First Data's Investor Relations Department.

Frankly if this client came to you after 3/15 needing you to determine stock basis then regardless of how much business you actually have I think you should take the position that you are too busy to do anything before 4/15 except an extension. Recommend that he pay as though he had no basis and then do his return in late may and get him a refund.

I also have to say it would surprise me if First Data or its new owner had not provided your client with contact information. A large company will generally help you with any tax related problems directly concerned with your ownership of their stock or bonds except to the extent of advising you on tax theory. Brokers also by and large can provide such help but you didn't mention the broker.. After tax season you may want to learn how to use internet search engines. There are many and every ISP I know of provides one. If you don't have an ISP or don't like the one it provides then you might as well use Google which is probably the most popular one at this time.

Comment

Bigcharts

Noel
        "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."- Oscar Wilde

Comment

I agree with Acount, bigcharts.com is the best. But you will have to do a search for splits.
          Some company websites have a history of their stock splits.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I had visited BigCharts but they do not show splits. I also went to the company website but they only give the last year or so before they went private. I sent an email to the company. At this time I guess I will go with what I have.

Comment

Working...
            X