Off Topic - Humor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Topic - Humor

This was posted on a local bulletin board and thought you might enjoy.

Dear Internal Revenue Service

Enclosed you will find my 2007 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes.

Please note the attached article from the USA Today newspaper; dated 12 November, wherein you will see the Pentagon (Department of Defense) is paying $171.50 per hammer and NASA has paid $600.00 per toilet seat.

I am enclosing four (4) toilet seats (valued @ $2,400) and six (6) hammers valued @ $1,029), which I secured at Home Depot, bringing my total remittance to $3,429.00.

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return.

You can do this inexpensively by sending them one (1) 1.5" Phillips Head screw (see aforementioned articl e from USA Today newspaper detailing how H.U.D. pays $22.00 each for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws).

One screw is enclosed for your convenience.

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying i t again next year.

Sincerely,

A Satisfied Taxpayer
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Balance due

Years ago, I heard this fellow was so disgusted with the IRS that he wrote the amount he owed on the side of a pig in the form of a check and sent the pig to them. I don't know how true this is, but I found it amusing.

Dennis

Comment

odd checks

Many years ago, a client was so upset with his tax bill that he wrote a "check" on a t-shirt and sent that with his return and a note which stated - "here is the shirt off my back".

When the client received the cashed shirt "check" back, he gave it to my in-laws to hang in the office.

It hung in the office for many years - which was unfortunately, before my time!

Comment

Working...
      X