VA Disability Pension for Stimulus Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA Disability Pension for Stimulus Payment

A client who received the above stated he has not filed in years.
    If I now fill out a l040 for him..showing his VA Disab. Pension amt, where would I place the information? What line?
    IRS Forms are for taxable incomes and . . .
    Or do I actually believe the IRS and hope they are working CLOSELY with the VA?
    Thank you again.
    Sherill

Drake software support told me to enter it into box 20a where you would put the gross ss benefits. Nothing in 20b

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

You enter it as a 1099-SSA Social Security benefit. If you want to file electronically add $1.00 as interest income. The IRS will allow this. See the IRS site for more infromation and sample 1040A.

Comment

Corrrecting myself

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
        Drake software support told me to enter it into box 20a where you would put the gross ss benefits. Nothing in 20b

LT
        I was looking at a 1040 when I gave the box #. Put the info into the gross ss benefits box.

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
        X