Are you kidding me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you kidding me?

It is bad enough to be overwhelmed with work you are doing once, but when you have to do it again that is another thing. I am swamped with about 75 returns left to do and of coarse most are not a simple 1040.
    2 clients within 2 hours of each other inform me their completed tax returns are incorrect.

1st client (already efiled and accepted): - call: I have a situation, I received a 1099-Misc from a consulting job I did, I was not suppose to receive a 1099 because the guy told me that it was under the limit.
    Me: You have to report all income. How much is it for?
    Him: $6000
    Me: We will have to amend and you will owe. I will do this amended after the 15th.
    Him: Well will I owe any interest if we amend after the 15th?
    Me: Yes a little bit.
    Him: Can't you get it done before the 15th?
    Me: I will try, but will not promise it. (client not happy with my answer)

Client 2 - coming in today at 10 am to pick up his competed return. He emails me at 7 pm last night to tell me he has not claimed some interest and dividend income for 2005, 2006, 2007. But we can talk about it when he gets to my office. This is a return that reads like a small novel.

I love my job, I love my job......
    Noel
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."- Oscar Wilde

The worst idiots always do this in April. There is a law that an idiot cannot bother you until April. I think its in Circular 230, or something.

Comment

Be sure to get nice additional fees

Originally posted by Acownt4it View Post
      2 clients within 2 hours of each other inform me their completed tax returns are incorrect. 1st client (already efiled and accepted): - call: I have a situation, I received a 1099-Misc from a consulting job I did, I was not suppose to receive a 1099 because the guy told me that it was under the limit.
      Me: You have to report all income. How much is it for?
      Him: $6000

Client 2-But we can talk about it when he gets to my office. This is a return that reads like a small novel.

I love my job, I love my job......
      for all of the extra work involved. Guess what? I bet next time they will have everything as it should be. I'm a little tired of clients taking advantage. Just did an amended return for gambling winnings-charged an additional $125 for Federal and State X returns.

I love my job, too. I have just decided I am not going to bear all of the expense for other's mistakes.

Please get what you are worth.

Peachie!

Comment

Amen on both accounts.
        Noel
        "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."- Oscar Wilde

Comment

Different kinds of people

Some people are just kind of ditzy and really don't remember some things, like working for a week somewhere in March. Then they get another w-2 a week after they file.
          Some people are truly busy and forget things. I'm one of those.....of course, I don't forget things about my tax return....but sometimes forget to pay my bills on time especially right now.
          Some people are just lazy and don't care if they really get everything together for you or not. They don't care if they make you extra work.

You get all kinds......roll with the punches.

We love our jobs. We love our jobs. We love our jobs.

Linda F

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
            The worst idiots always do this in April. There is a law that an idiot cannot bother you until April. I think its in Circular 230, or something.
            Harsh words, I guess to be excused at this time of the year. It just brings more billable hours (I remember you saying so yourself in a past post), no reason to get mad. No reason to get in an emergency state either. Work just goes at the end of a long line.

Comment

Hofstadter's Law

Hofstadter's Law is:
              It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take Hofstadter's Law into account.
              —Douglas Hofstadter: Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid

Comment

Working...
              X