Chickens???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chickens???

Clients has chickens and said the IRS said they could put it on their taxes???? Never put chickens and eggs on taxes before. Can I?

Saw on Sch F there is a place on the code for poultry and egg production. I thought you had to have a big chicken house and sell to a poultry co before taking that off. Not eggs either.

Any advice on such a thing? Have cows, goats, pigs, horses and other things on this Sch but NO chickens .
    SueBaby

I reckon if they buy the chickens they can put them on depreciation but if they hatch their own chickens, no depreciation, kinda like cows?

LOL, I dunno

Comment

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post
      Clients has chickens and said the IRS said they could put it on their taxes???? Never put chickens and eggs on taxes before. Can I?
      My sister caught a rooster at the county fair when she was about 9. We used newspaper as bedding for the cage. Never though about using a tax return for it. I suppose you could do that too.

Comment

chickens and eggs

Use a sch F. Eggs are raised. chicken can be purchased or raised. Deduct feed, egg boxes, straw for nesting. If you need more help e-mail at bstaxes@earthlink.net.

Comment

Originally posted by barbara View Post
          Use a sch F. Eggs are raised. chicken can be purchased or raised. Deduct feed, egg boxes, straw for nesting. If you need more help e-mail at bstaxes@earthlink.net.
          THANK YOU because this is news to me.
          SueBaby

Comment

You can depreciate purchased chickens, but the deduction is usually a poultry amount.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Chuckle

lol..........You made a funny yolk.

Comment

Don't keep egging me on...
                "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Chicken Ranch

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post

Saw on Sch F there is a place on the code for poultry and egg production. I thought you had to have a big chicken house and sell to a poultry co before taking that off. Not eggs either.

Any advice on such a thing? Have cows, goats, pigs, horses and other things on this Sch but NO chickens .
                  There was a place called the "Chicken Ranch" in LaGrange, Texas. There was a movie based on that establishment called "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas."

Comment

Why the chicken crossed the road.

I always wonder... which came first..THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG.

brian
                    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Hey John, Veritis

are you sure you're in the right business?? Maybe you have'nt missed your cawing yet??

Comment

We couild keep up the chicken humor, but we might get in trouble for using fowl language on the forum.

Comment

OK, I tried to resist

but you've awakened my natural state - frivolous
                          and since this thread has gone to the dogs, anyway...

Comment

You got one for cat owners?

Comment

dog tax vs cat tax

Interesting that a google search for cat tax brings up a gaggle of references to fat cats, but not tax returns

On the other hand, there actually was a Dog Tax War - reference Wikepedia

Comment

Working...
                              X