State with-holdings wrong on W-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State with-holdings wrong on W-2

The payroll company which issued checks for my job filed for bankruptcy early January. I finally received my W-2 in mid-March. I live in RI and worked in 5 different states on this job, therefore paid taxes to 5 different states. The CA withholdings reported on my W-2 were shy of over $400 of what I actually paid. The lawyer handling the bankruptcy for the payroll company said a corrected W-2 cannot be issued. I was told to use IRS form 4852 to note the mistake. However, I was told this is only for federal filing & can do nothing to assist me filing my return for California. Does California have a similar form? I couldn't find it on the internet? Any advise on what to do? I have already applied for an extension.

You are going to need the services of a tax professional for this problem. NAEA has a list of qualified Enrolled Agents located in your area who can help you with this problem.

Last edited by Bees Knees; 04-03-2008, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I have an accountant

I am just trying to help myself. I found CA form 3525 on-line. Is this what I should use when filing in CA?

Comment

If you have an accountant, why not ask him or her?

Comment

Working...
        X