K-1 Line 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-1 Line 14

Client is in a General Partnership with his brother.(Farming) His K-1 lists his ordinary income, but has nothing on line 14 indicating it is SE income(which it is). It is not a problem for me to prepare the return correctly, however, shouldn't the K-1 indicate this? And if not, what if line 14 for on the K-1?

P.S. I looked this up in TTB (Partnerships and LLC's). The example showed the Sched K with SE income listed, but nothing listed on K-1 for the Partner. Yet, the Partner's personal return included the income on Shed SE. Is this the correct way to do this? I just want to be ready when I have to do a 1065. Thanks!

TTB example should have also showed the SE earnings in box 14 of the K-1. That was a mistake.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It helps me to know I am on the right track. As I stated, I can prepare the return easy enough. I am wondering, though, if I should advise the client they should have their 1065 amended to correct the K-1's. (The 1065 was prepared by someone else.) Is it really necessary to do that as long as the income is reported correctly on the individual returns?

Comment

It is not necessary to correct the 1065 K-1. Those things have mistakes on them all the time. The only thing you need to worry about is getting the 1040 correct.

Comment

Working...
        X