LLC guarantee payment for auto usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LLC guarantee payment for auto usage

Client is 75% owner of LLC (taxed as partnership).
    Partnership owns Pickup truck that owner uses for commuting to and from work.
    I know a quarantee payment must be figured and included on his K-1. (believe on line 11)

My question is should the personal amount be based on commuting mileage as a percent of the total miles times the actual vehicle expeneses
    or
    can one use commute miles time standard business mile rate of .485?

Everything I read tells me the personal use amount should be included in partner's income but not how to figure it.

Thanking you in advance for you help.
    Karen

for such an owner

Originally posted by ksfcpa View Post
    Client is 75% owner of LLC (taxed as partnership).
    Partnership owns Pickup truck that owner uses for commuting to and from work.
    I know a quarantee payment must be figured and included on his K-1. (believe on line 11)

My question is should the personal amount be based on commuting mileage as a percent of the total miles times the actual vehicle expeneses
    or
    can one use commute miles time standard business mile rate of .485?

Everything I read tells me the personal use amount should be included in partner's income but not how to figure it.

Thanking you in advance for you help.
    Karen
    must use actual expenses prorated personal vs total.

However, I have found it so much simpler to simply make owner reimburse the
    entity for business use. For an S corp (my favorite) I simply debit distributions for
    his reimbursement at standard mileage rate (with credit to vehicle expense of course).
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
    X