501c Little League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

501c Little League

Can anyone point me to a good site for helping fill out 990 on Little League? A free site would be helpful.

You could try http://www.guidestar.org/ and type "little league" in the search box. You can then see the 990 forms the charities actually filed. This may not help with specific questions, but it might be a good start to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Thanks, I've been to that site, but it cost lots of money. I was hoping for something to look at that is free. I've read all instructions for 990, but still find it very confusing. Things like depreciation for land improvements or building improvements and which lines do you use just to put their income from sponsorships and candy/concession sales. Thanks again.

Comment

National Organization Help

Is there a national Little League umbrella organization that might provide guidance, example 990s, maybe even a workshop for local treasurers? Or regional? Or an older one in the next town over with a helpful treasurer? Or something similar, like the Boosters Club for your local high school athletes or PeeWee Football or some such where you can find a mentor. The only 990 I do currently is a music school, and I do struggle with it each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilhud View Post
          Thanks, I've been to that site, but it cost lots of money. I was hoping for something to look at that is free. I've read all instructions for 990, but still find it very confusing. Things like depreciation for land improvements or building improvements and which lines do you use just to put their income from sponsorships and candy/concession sales. Thanks again.
          I think the basic membership is free and it gives you access to the 990's. I can access them and all I ever did was register with the site.

Comment

Yes and that is free. Use it all the time to get old copies of PAL league returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilhud View Post
              This website is a message board for tax professionals who charge money to prepare taxes for clients. It is not a "how to do your own taxes for free" advice service. I suggest you hire a professional to prepare your 990, as it is a very complex return.

Comment

I am a professional tax return preparer. I'm also an EA. I just wanted to have some other 990's to compare to for a Little League 990 that I'm preparing this year. Since it is my first 990 for a Little League I wanted something to look over.
                Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Samples

Sample 990s are not a problem to get. However, what you need is a real 990 WITH the corresponding books, right? You're trying to see where items reported in your Little League's books get reported on its tax return? You need an actual situation or a mentor who prepares the 990 for a similar organization. Ask around at Little League practice or at church or call the Little League in a neighboring town. Find someone who will let you trace items from their books to their 990.

Comment

Working...
                  X