Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software

I know this is a little early, but, I wonder how many, if any will be looking at a differant software for next year? It will happen all to soon where the phone will and someone on the other end will say "HI this is so and so from such and such". I just thought I would see how many people are satisfied with what they have or will be looking around. I try to look at something differant every year because you never know until you look. I have been with Intuit for quite a few years (Proseries) I have looked at Lacerte and have it available to me on a PPR. I have heard many folks bash Intuit but they have given me good service and that's what counts to me. Well anyway I just thought I would put this out there. No I don't work or sell for anyone.

Different Software

I have no intentions of switching. I use UltraTax and with that I use a professional suite of software from Thomson. I have CS Accounting, Fixed Assets, File Cabinet and Practice CS. Using all of these makes me extremely efficient. One thing to think about with switching is the headache of data transfer. I know that most companies will do the data transfer, but invaribly something will not transfer properly.

The only reason to look at switching would be using a substandard (inexpensive) software and upgrading to more powerful software. You are using Proseries which is a top line software so unless you were looking at changing your entire professional suite.

Matt
    I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

ProSeries

I started with Tax Wise and swear their tech support people started with Tax Wise the day I called in for help. ProSeries is far improved tech support over Tax Wise but still lacking in some areas. Yes be very careful of promises made when one vendor says they can transfer your data from their competitors to theirs. ProSeries sales rep made several promises when I transferred to ProSeries but could not deliver on several of them.

Lawrence, I have several enhancements with case #'s that I want ProSeris to consider for 2008 but ProSeries tells me, those enhancements that get the most requested from users, have priority. So I believe Bees Knees is also a ProSeries user and after tax season I will email both of you on my suggested enhancements and if you also like these enhancements, hopefully you will also contact ProSeries about these same enhancements.

Who else is a ProSeries user on this board?

Comment

I also use ProSeries and would be interested in your list of enhancements.
        Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Tax Wise

I have used TaxWise since 1994, and have been very satisfied, especially considering the price. I seldom contact their tech support but they have always been able to help me. Like someone else mentioned, it would take something pretty big to get me to switch because of the headaches of data transfer.

I gather TaxWise users are a fairly small group - at least I rarely meet any others.
          Linda Deckert
          Minot, ND

Comment

Proseries

I also would be interested in your enhancements

Comment

I use Taxslayer

I have used this software for several years and am very happy with it. Tech support is superb. I have no intention of changing at this point becaue I find for the modules, service and cost, I receive quite a remarkable product. The software includes Federal, All States, Business and E-file for less than $800 per year. Really works for me.

Peachie.

Comment

I know alot of people bashed ATX this year, but this is my second year using it and I have been very happy with it. The price did go up and I was not expecting that much of an increase but still reasonable. Overall the software is user friendly and I have had very little trouble this year. I won't be looking to switch unless I get notice that the price will go up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Safire View Post
                  I know alot of people bashed ATX this year, but this is my second year using it and I have been very happy with it. The price did go up and I was not expecting that much of an increase but still reasonable. Overall the software is user friendly and I have had very little trouble this year. I won't be looking to switch unless I get notice that the price will go up again.
                  Believe me,,, it will.....................A big company cannot use low prices.
                  This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

TaxWise users

I gather TaxWise users are a fairly small group - at least I rarely meet any others.

The others include all the IRS walk-in offices, VITA and TCE volunteers. Even the IRS textbook http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p678.pdf uses TaxWise screen shots.
                    Last edited by DonPriebe; 03-27-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Drake

is the way to go. My 5th year and still happy. User friendly, price if I renew in May is always $995. This includes 1040s, 1041s, 1065, 1120, 1120S, 990, all states
                      and all cost of efiling.
                      Support par excellence. This is a company that truly cares about its users, listens to their suggestions and implements most and I do mean most. They now market in that price a write up program that has active payroll. Have used the payroll function alot. The write occasionally as I have CLS but each year I check out the write up and just keeps getting better and better.

They do NOT get any better than Drake. Hired a young lady to help input for me this year and she had never worked in an accounting office, never even done her own return and was able from day 1 to use Drake. What more can I say!

AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

Comment

ProSeries user AND MN update

AZ-TAX,

I also use ProSeries Professional. I have also used their website in he past to suggest enhancements and to help solve technical problems. Overall I am happy with the product and have stuck with them for many years. I would think most of us have had various frustrations with software no matter what company we've used. I would be interested in seeing your list of enhancement requests.

P.S. For MN users of Proseries. We can drop the enhancement request for the inclusion of Form M-1NC. The Department of Revenue dropped the form now and we report the add back of the Tuition & Fees and Educator Deductions on Line 9 of the M-1M. Proseries has updated the M-1M form with the new line 9 description.

Comment

I am considering looking at TaxSlayer just to look. I have been using Taxwise since around 94 too. The tech support hasn't been very good this year. I posted on here about a efile error coming up. A poster here told me it was the IRS service center having problems. Taxwise told me to call the Tax Practioner Hotline. I don't have to use the support often but when I do it has been lacking. Especially since they were bought out.

Taxwise rep was a little smarty pants last year when I wanted to wait until after the tax season to renew. He started calling at the middle of March and would not let up. When I did call him after the tax season he seemed po'd because I waited. He also never sent me a demo of their accounting package. That kinda po'd me.

Comment

No thoughts of changing

as I am perfectly happy with Tax Slayer. My second year using it and I absolutly love it. So easy to use and for the price I don't think it can be beat. I can renew by May 1st for $795, new customers can purchase before May 1st for $825 which includes Federal and all States, free efiling and Business Forms 1120 1120S 1065 1041 990 and 5500. I don't call customer support often but when I do they answer quickly (meaning I am never placed on hold for long periods) and the are curteous and extremely helpful. I love the way it pulls forward prior year info and prefills lots of areas, a big time saver. I went to their seminar last fall and it was extremely helpful also. They are a company that cares.

Comment

TaxWise

support was non-existant this year...have been with them since 1989,,,getting VERY disappointed. I think I would be in big trouble if I ever really needed support. Changeing software scares the heck out of me,,,especially when I have around 1600 carryforewards....... but I'm about ready.
                              Last edited by RLymanC; 03-28-2008, 12:55 AM.
                              Confucius say:
                              He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Working...
                              X