Prudential Settlement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prudential Settlement?

Has anyone heard anything about a Prudential Insurance settlement or class action suit or anything? Client brought in a 1099-INT from Prudential Insurance; that I can deal with. Then a 1099-MISC from Prudential Insurance with an amount in Box 3. She has no idea what it was for. It's only $100, so I'll just put it on Line 21 if she doesn't find any more information. Prudential Securities was her broker many years ago, but she remembers no dealings with Prudential Insurance. Thanks for any leads.

Settlement

I don't have specific information, but I'll bet she was automatically included in a class action that had to do with churning annuities or life insurance policies...

You said Prudential was her securities broker. People often buy insurance products through a broker. It might even have been something purchased within, or from, an IRA account.
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Pricing of Mutual Funds?

Talked to her broker's assistant, formerly of Prudential, and she remembers something about pricing of a class of mutual funds. So, do I put this on Line 21? Or, might it be Schedule D? Anyone else get one of these Prudential 1099-MISC with amount in Box 3?

Comment

Working...
      X